4/25/07 Furrae Fashion 3

Started by Roureem Egas, April 24, 2007, 09:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roureem Egas

Quite an illuminating page, don'tcha think? It's really nice how Amber addresses this when most stories I've seen gloss over it. Then again, most other people don't have characters who normally come from non-clothes-friendly places. :P

Uh...Matilda's got some nice expressions and Blondie looks hawt. *runs*

Kenji

Those tail clips make me think of, like, a bra for your butt...

Zedd

Not I mind the idea hidding my tail..But its not brushy enough like Kenjis :<

Kasarn

If you get a cheap zipper, the zip just ends up getting stuck in the fabric instead :P

bill

This just reinforces my conviction that Amber is a detail Nazi.

Kasarn

Quote from: BillBuckner on April 24, 2007, 10:10:24 PM

How so? Most furry forums have at least one discussion on how pants work. It's just one of those weird but interesting topics that come up in the furry fandom.

bill

Wow, really? I learned something new!
:tmyk

Kenji

Quote from: BillBuckner on April 24, 2007, 10:21:24 PM
Wow, really? I learned something new!
:tmyk

Not only that but your knowledge of pants has increased by 2!

bill

I'm sure that'll help me defeat that boss.

Zedd

Hope Amber talks about fire retardent clothes as well...Sides we have those fire elements out there you know

Kasarn

Quote from: BillBuckner on April 24, 2007, 10:23:56 PM
I'm sure that'll help me defeat that boss.

Don't be silly. You need to know about the hats first :B

thegayhare

Course those velcro ones can be a pain too if your in a hurry and they get caught in your fur.

Aurawyn

Cute, Hope she dose shirts and wings :3

Rafe

Quote from: BillBuckner on April 24, 2007, 10:10:24 PM

You noticed that, huh?  If you've ever had a conversation with her, you'll see that her mind for details is really something to see in action.  It's amazing the amount of stuff she has worked out in her head for DMFA.  THIS is the real Amber, and we're damned lucky that she uses her powers of obsessive detailing for good instead of evil (well, mostly).
Rafe

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on April 24, 2007, 10:48:34 PMCourse those velcro ones can be a pain too if your in a hurry and they get caught in your fur.

You know, Velcro was actually designed to mimic the Burdock plant, which had evolved to attach itself to fur.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

RJ

It's just been confirmed: Pants are awesome.  :3

Rythak

Quote from: RJ on April 24, 2007, 11:55:42 PM
I strongly disagree.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: RJ on April 24, 2007, 11:55:42 PM

Indeed. Completely unlike uppity, backtalking and rather breezy shorts.

Although, in complete honesty, I prefer certain kinds of skirts better. :3

Rythak

If only it was ok for guys to wear skirts... Oh yeah, that would be the life.  c:

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Rythak on April 25, 2007, 12:17:38 AM
If only it was ok for guys to wear skirts... Oh yeah, that would be the life.  c:

I don't see what you mean. Are you saying it's not? :<

Rythak

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 25, 2007, 12:19:53 AM
Quote from: Rythak on April 25, 2007, 12:17:38 AM

I don't see what you mean. Are you saying it's not? :<
I meant in public m8. Last time I wore a skirt in public it was because. . . . . nevermind id rather not talk about it  :sweatdrop

xHaZxMaTx

No way, that's what kilts are for.  Real men wear kilts, not pink.™

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Hazzy on April 25, 2007, 12:24:51 AM

Real men wear hakama. Split skirts, baby! >:3

Rythak

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 25, 2007, 12:27:13 AM

Ya just dont get that kinda breeze wearin pants.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhh thats nice. :)

Roureem Egas

I can't believe I only just now remembered the powderpuff games at high school. It was funny seeing guys in cheerleader outfits, and some with wigs and heavy make-up.

Speaking of which, one of my old friends amended that statement Haz. They added the make-up part to it.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 25, 2007, 12:27:13 AM

my hakama didn't have legs.  I had to wear shorts under it to keep from flashing the audience! :sweatdrop

Having experience with velcro+my hair, I don't believe that velcro would actually cause a lot of problems with fur, as fur tends to be fairly short and straight, and only the strands which were actively being shed would be released.  Zippers, on the other hand, are evil.

Not in DMFA context, but for other reasons, I imagined most races with tails would buy pants where the hem in the back is actually pop-off, velcro, which would allow for a varying range of tail sizes to be accomodated by the same pair of pants.

For lycanthropes such as who I shall be dealing with, I'm thinking most pants are either sagged, or have an elastic flap which lets the tail out, and then hides the hole when it's gone.  Were-folk prefer to be incognito.

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 25, 2007, 01:27:58 AM
my hakama didn't have legs.  I had to wear shorts under it to keep from flashing the audience! :sweatdrop

Having experience with velcro+my hair, I don't believe that velcro would actually cause a lot of problems with fur, as fur tends to be fairly short and straight, and only the strands which were actively being shed would be released.  Zippers, on the other hand, are evil.

Not in DMFA context, but for other reasons, I imagined most races with tails would buy pants where the hem in the back is actually pop-off, velcro, which would allow for a varying range of tail sizes to be accomodated by the same pair of pants.

For lycanthropes such as who I shall be dealing with, I'm thinking most pants are either sagged, or have an elastic flap which lets the tail out, and then hides the hole when it's gone.  Were-folk prefer to be incognito.

I guess you're a lot less bothered by velcro than I am then. I found zippers less evil than velcro, since the mere memory of hearing velcro rip really grates on my nerves. :E Still, that's a thought that could be looked into.

Fuyudenki

Oh my, now I'm wondering what Velcro did to you when you were younger to give you such a paranoia.  As far as catching, velcro behaves more like a comb when applied to hair or fur, and the gripping aspect is due largely to the "loop" side being very literally named.

More recently, I've been seeing velcro that's shaped neither as hook nor loop, but as lots and lots of tiny little mushrooms, which intermesh quite well with themselves or with a modified type of 'loop' side.

As far as zippers and fur go, I've actually seen what a poorly-aimed zipper can do to a hamster's fur coat, and my brother's hamster had a bald spot on her hip for a couple of weeks because of it.  I've seen zippers get bound up so many times that I've actually become fairly adept at fixing them.

Fex

hopefully we get underwear next  >:3 gaaaaaah *drools*

xHaZxMaTx

Erm, what about skirts?  Would there still be a hole for a tail, or would the tail just stay under the skirt, or what?