2006-12-18 Why, Destania?

Started by superluser, December 17, 2006, 11:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Well, that would explain why she was so obsequious...

...good job, Amber!  Looks like I was wrong about the out-of-character behavior.

Also, what information was she trying to glean?  Did she want to figure out who SAIA had sent back with Dan?  Wouldn't that imply that she is still in contact with SAIA?  That wouldn't make sense, since she decided not to tell the academy about Dan...

...Maybe she just wanted to find out how Dan was coping with the revelations, and she hadn't expected Aaryanna to meet up with them.  After all, had Kria not been rampaging the countryside, they would have never found Aary.  And then had Aary not heard about the special incantation by Dee, she would never have found Dan.

Kria knows Abel, too.

Part of this is a bit problematic, though.  Had Dee not left SAIA, she wouldn't have had Aaryanna looking for her, and because she wasn't looking for her, she wouldn't have been looking for Dan, which would mean that Dee had to plan to get attacked (or is that `attacked'), get knocked up and have Dan as part of some master plan.

But then why would she have ``hoped that Fa'Lina...''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

AndersW

He had everything planned, I was not expecting that.

twerve

(Brain snaps)

Oh...  Well, that was weird.  Didn't see that one coming...  It was just a scheme so Destinia could see her daughter?

Stygian

Neither was anyone, I expect. He seemed such a buffoon... now, I see how he maintains his reign; through insane managerial skills.

Zedd

And they said something cats having nine lives...

Distracting

How very...planned this seems now. I'm gonna have to figure this out more...

:U Biggs stole my belt wearing style!

Dard

Quote from: superluser on December 17, 2006, 11:41:29 PM
Looks like I was wrong about the out-of-character behavior.
What out-of-character behavior? I didn't see any out-of-character behavior.

But yes, that was a very surprising and amusing turn of events. Especially on Biggs side. Why would he want to have his sister burn down part of of his city?  :erk

Distracting

Quote from: Dard on December 17, 2006, 11:56:24 PM
But yes, that was a very surprising and amusing turn of events. Especially on Biggs side. Why would he want to have his sister burn down part of of his city?  :erk

Insurance money, no doubt. He wouldn't be the Twink leader if he didn't know anything about manipulating situations to make massive amounts of money.

Considering he actually owns the territories and somehow has insurance on them, of course.

Aridas

Holy crap, Biggs is smart and not-so-evil? Since when? I haven't seen plot twists like this since the time a plot device was replaced with a corkscrew...

superluser

Quote from: Dard on December 17, 2006, 11:56:24 PMWhat out-of-character behavior? I didn't see any out-of-character behavior.

The obsequious, sycophantic behavior on Dee's part.  She's 7000 years old and far more powerful than Biggs.  Why was she not at least surly?  Most lieutenants are.

This settles it.  Except...does that mean that Amber was lying to us in Biggs' cast page?

Quote from: Dard on December 17, 2006, 11:56:24 PMBut yes, that was a very surprising and amusing turn of events. Especially on Biggs side. Why would he want to have his sister burn down part of of his city?

Want?  No.  Expect, and be prepared to deal with?  Probably.

Kesh

Nice. So it was all just a scheme to let family members have some time alone, on both sides. Well played, Amber. :)
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive.

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: HeroZero on December 18, 2006, 12:00:30 AM
Quote from: Dard on December 17, 2006, 11:56:24 PM

Insurance money, no doubt. He wouldn't be the Twink leader if he didn't know anything about manipulating situations to make massive amounts of money.

Considering he actually owns the territories and somehow has insurance on them, of course.

Biggs used the whole encounter to amplify the appearance of the Twinks as a gang of fools.

"Accidentially" causing fires in the city just plays into his hands!

That's been the deal all along!  He's a genius!  A DAMNED GENIUS!!

:mwaha

rt

:U  biggs ? .. plan ?  :U

.. well played .. very well played  :mowhappy

I'm going to go stand over there with the other gasp faced people now  :3

Zorro

Sorry Biggs is a fool.

He might be smart but he isn't a match for a truly smart being.

Best way I know to destroy a person is to tell them they are smarter than everyone else.  Then just let them implode.

I learned that from Gulf War #1.

Dard

I was just reading the back issues.

Now, looking back at it I am surprised Destania didn't break out in laughter by his comment "No... Sorry Dee. It's still pretty hot."
That or throttle him.

PS: I know I'm probably the only one on this whole list, but I want Destania's glasses back!

bigj

Now we know why he's the Twink's leader.  :mowwink

And I loved Dest in glasses. Very sharp!   :kittycool

Dard

Quote from: superluser on December 18, 2006, 12:04:52 AM
Quote from: Dard on December 17, 2006, 11:56:24 PMWhat out-of-character behavior? I didn't see any out-of-character behavior.

The obsequious, sycophantic behavior on Dee's part.  She's 7000 years old and far more powerful than Biggs.  Why was she not at least surly?  Most lieutenants are.
My reply: She was just being professional. I didn't see anything obsequious besides what I would expect from a secretary. And that's her job, isn't it? And why not be a secretary? It's not that bad a job and can be a quite important position, as can be seen.

Grrr, I had to look up three words in the dictionary in order to reply this.

Madd the Sane

As with everybody:  :erk  :erk  :erk  :erk  :erk  :erk

That also explains the smoke...

And it also seems that Biggs was prepared for the worst a.k.a., his sister.  We shall see how this little battle of sibling rivalry will end.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Pentawolf

*pentawolf hrmms* "Why is it that I get the feeling there should be twisting..?"

"Maybe its the sandwhich you ate..."

"Bah! hogwa- urk!" *flees to bathroom!*

*aurissa laughs manicly* "Serves you right for last week!"

superluser

OK.  So to rephrase the stupidity that I had up above, here's the speculation:

Destania wants to have a child (for some purpose that cannot be explained to SAIA).

Destania starts teaching people about the ``special incantation.''  One of them is a pre-succubus-powered Aaryanna, who Destania brainwashes into thinking is true.  Dee also convinces her that the old mansion is a good place for a new succubus to set up shop.

Dee talks to Abel about her plans, and Abel says that he was once taught by a Demon-Mare that can go around eating people without arousing suspicion.  Dee tells Kria to start on a rampage in about 25 years.

Destania leaves the academy under pretense of an `assignment.'  She leaves and gets `attacked.'  Dee then goes to Edward, who conveniently has another child who can be confused with a new one, and seduces him.  Dan is born.

Dee has Biggs steal the mallet and Dan comes to steal it.  Since Dan must be in drag in order to enter, Dan goes in drag.

(This part, I dunno.  Maybe it was supposed to be Alexsi the first time)

Kria starts eating people.  Dan goes on the quest to find the source of the evil, and runs into Aary, who enrolls Dan into the SAIA academy unwillingly.  (As to how Merlitz knew to use the special incantation, maybe it was a trick that Destania told Dan, and Dan told Merlitz)

Dee has Biggs kidnap Alexsi so that she can check on Dan's progress.  Dee can't tell Dan's progress because, as stated before, Dan is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Why Dee would want Dan to go to SAIA, but not have SAIA know about Dan until then is a bit confusing, though.

P.S. One more vote for the glasses!

Zedd

Im getting ready for the plot twist dance

Aridas

Merlitz didn't know any incantation.. it was merely luck that whatever he spouted was "important". I'm pretty sure that's how it went...

Distracting

That may be true, but you can't tell when there's factors involved such as the subconscious and all that.

Azlan

Oh my, someone used the word 'obsequious'!  *marks off an entry on clipboard*
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Grenn

So I wonder how long this particular part of the story has been in Amber's head?

Like when was it first thought of? I'm guessing about 2 years ago. :)

e_voyager

Well done. Applauds. i have not bee so surprised but a twist in a comic in a long time!
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aisha deCabre

My first thought:  What...the...heck!?   :erk

My second thought: A fabulous twist!  Very well-played indeed.  Goes to show that the comic's story is definitely well-thought out in advance.  I'd have to say, Biggs doesn't seem to be as big an idgit as one would think (with Destania there at least...).

My third thought: Let's all do the twist!   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Madmann135

I get the feeling that Biggs is using the "I'm an idoit so don't take me serously" ploy when he has more information and better tactical skills than his foes.

It's a great tactical manouver when you really think about it and it would explain alot of things.  But the one thing that I do not understand is Dee working for Biggs and by the way they were chatting they are great friends.

Now for the meat of my post.

I wonder how Biggs woul do in a chess tourniment?  With his tactical skills and his nack for planning it could be said that with his ability to get seemingly random occurances and find a pattern in them would make him a dangerous foe to deal with.

Also I think Dee just wanted to have a chat with Alexsi and find out how the others were doing and what was going on.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Aganerral

Biggs' cast page could still be true about not realizing about Dan.  Destania probalby cleared that up for him ahead of time though :)

OAs amusing as this is, I'm a little worried about htis plotline becoming like one of M Night Shaymalan's bad movies, where there wre twists for the sake of twists, that just overly confuse all of the readers/viewers. Not to say I'm not enjoying it, but the more twists, the harder to give audience the satisfaction of a resolution.

Aridas

There's nothing saying that Destania was working for him when he stole the hammer. He took it for his own reasons, by the looks of it. If it was really about Destania at that point then she would've been there, right? >:3