9/12/06 - Take out the trash!

Started by Gabi, December 08, 2006, 08:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

I dunno. Devin was also not too pleased about Glory showing up...

Eibborn

Quote from: Gabi on December 09, 2006, 05:23:16 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on December 09, 2006, 05:20:19 AM
Oh and can people stop saying 'dev's shown a bit of emotion towards a guy, he must be gay' its getting very repetitive and annoying.
You can do what I do: just ignore them. That doesn't encourage them to continue.
It doesn't seem to discourage them at all, either. :/

That speech balloon is pure dope. :D
For some reason, I never really liked Xander all that much. I mean, he seemed like an alright fellow, but he was very much shadowed by Devin's personality. Regardless, I do hope that he's not dead. Unlikely, but there you go.
/kicks the internet over

e_voyager

i agree with the theory that emotions can affect magic. chances are that Devin crammed almost all of this energy into that attack.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Eibborn

Why? The first few panels were Devin getting control of himself. I would understand the thought if it weren't for those panels, but I don't think Devin would do anything that would leave him too weak to defend himself of follow up. It doesn't make sense to me, to send all your power into a single attack.
Just my opinion, of course. Devin may not have gotten as much control over himself as he thought, or something.
/kicks the internet over

Arcalane

Quote from: DigitalMan on December 08, 2006, 09:18:12 PM
Oh. Hell. Yes.

Couldn't have done it better myself :mwaha

I dunno, I woulda gone for a grenade myself. Nothing quite like hearing 'em shout something obscene before they get blown to pieces.

Wait, that's Combine Snipers*. Darn.

(*Their phrases go from "Grenade!", "Take Cover!" and "Uhoh!" right over to a very hasty and muffled "S**T!" :D)

~~

Quote from: Eibbor_N on December 09, 2006, 02:12:40 PM
Why? The first few panels were Devin getting control of himself. I would understand the thought if it weren't for those panels, but I don't think Devin would do anything that would leave him too weak to defend himself of follow up. It doesn't make sense to me, to send all your power into a single attack.
Just my opinion, of course. Devin may not have gotten as much control over himself as he thought, or something.

You haven't met Kyros from Irregular Webcomic, have you? :P

Akisohida

Quote from: Alablast on December 09, 2006, 11:26:00 AM
My guess, just in keeping with the 'tragic' storyline developing so far:

Xander went to the tower to send a message, but got knocked out by the monster (or maybe the monster just thought it had killed him).  Monster leaves Xander in the tower, goes back to Devin and Abel, and tries to leave (I'm guessing he's trying to throw Glory, or anybody else, off his trail- he does specify they need to hurry when he meets up with them at the lake).  Glory shows up and stops them from leaving, which gives Xander enough time to come to.  Xander sees Devin and Abel surrounded by himself (who he knows is the monster) and three other creatures (he probably can't tell who they are from the watchtower; just that they're with the monster and have his friends cornered).  Seeing his party members in trouble, he does the only thing an adventuring hero can do- he attacks.

I get this impression because of three things:

The fort wasn't actually burned down when it was attacked; Devin said it just looked like somebody knocked over a lantern.  If fireballs were getting thrown around, that probably wouldn't be the case.

Xander got pretty upset when Glory showed up- "Oh shi-!"

Devin said that the attacker was concentrating on Glory's team.  Granted, Devin and Abel had jumped out of sight while Glory and the others were standing and fighting, but it still supports the theory that Xander is... errr... was... up in the tower trying to save Devin and Abel.

Plus, I love how the talk bubble looks like a snowflake when Devin attacked.  (Not really important, just thought it was a nice touch. ^^)

I di dnot put in alot of the same examples as you but I pretty much said that theory and another like it in my thread of last Abel Story. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Alondro

*Charles gasps!*  Stuff is happening!  Stuff!   :U

*Charline queries!*  Does this stuff involve... things?

*Charles nods!*  The stuff does involve things!

*Charline oooooo!*  Stuff involving things!  Keen!

>> This is one of those places in the comic where I feel it's just best to sit back and wait for what happens next.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Alablast

Quote from: Akisohida on December 09, 2006, 03:14:53 PM
I di dnot put in alot of the same examples as you but I pretty much said that theory and another like it in my thread of last Abel Story. :)

Gah, I knew I should have read through all the pages on that one.  x_x

Magic

Quote from: Alondro on December 09, 2006, 03:33:17 PM
*Charles gasps!*  Stuff is happening!  Stuff!   :U

*Charline queries!*  Does this stuff involve... things?

*Charles nods!*  The stuff does involve things!

*Charline oooooo!*  Stuff involving things!  Keen!

>> This is one of those places in the comic where I feel it's just best to sit back and wait for what happens next.   :3

* The doctor proceeds to lead both into a dark alley with no witnesses.

"Honestly, I enjoyed the show. Tactical use of magic."
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 09, 2006, 07:06:07 AM
Heh.  It might have been better if you'd said 'no' in the first place.  This sort of thing has happened before, and that fact that you didn't deny it outright was actually one of the main reasons I figured I was on to a winner.

It's always a struggle having to decide what is simple speculation fluff, and what is something that I should step into.  Obviously if I tried to donk out every speculation there wouldn't be much a story to tell...and it would ruin some of the suprise of the character.  Sometimes the speculation just solves itself if I hold off even.

Looking at the story outline of Abel's Story...this wasn't the case though.  If people didn't shake the belief now, it wasnt going to get any better since I had/have no intention of bringing little background Cubi into the story at any point.(who btw was a female)  And I'd feel bad if people kept holding onto the hope or belief.

You guys hit a really big coincidence...but it was nothing more than a coincidence.  Sometimes you peeps give me way too much credit.

Sid

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 09, 2006, 04:00:35 PM
Looking at the story outline of Abel's Story...this wasn't the case though.  If people didn't shake the belief now, it wasnt going to get any better since I had/have no intention of bringing little background Cubi into the story at any point.(who btw was a female)  And I'd feel bad if people kept holding onto the hope or belief.

...so people have gone from mistaking your male characters for female ones to... mistaking your female characters for male ones. Am I the only one who finds that a bit ironic? *oblivious to the looming Cloud of Admin Smite* :)
:boogie

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sid on December 09, 2006, 04:15:51 PM
...so people have gone from mistaking your male characters for female ones to... mistaking your female characters for male ones. Am I the only one who finds that a bit ironic? *oblivious to the looming Cloud of Admin Smite* :)

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

*edges away just in case*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

*closes on Llearch from behind, a wicked, scythe-like thing in his hand...

Stop - filling - these - threads - with - spam...!

On another note, how the Hell do they build those villages and places? I'm just curious, since just getting an idea of the layout and construction techniques would be very helpful to determine what just happened, why, and what would be best for Devin and company to do next. And what's with the walls of that place? Is it just me, or is the level of development of the society shifting a bit back and forth?

Azlan

Gee, why would anyone ever miss label genders on her characters?  There is so much effeminate aspects and latent energy that the male readership is becoming effeminate  >:3.  There is only a handful of us manly men still clinging to our testosterone... *flexes*  Of course me flexing is sort of like bending stringbeans...

*Leaps into his TA and revs the V-8 engine*  Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire. 

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

e_voyager

displays like that make me glade i'm housing myself inside of a machine instead of an organic body. now it's mambo time.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Azlan

Quote from: e_voyager on December 09, 2006, 09:49:21 PM
displays like that make me glade i'm housing myself inside of a machine instead of an organic body. now it's mambo time.

You pale in comparison to Blues.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Eibbor_N on December 09, 2006, 01:59:58 PM
Quote from: Gabi on December 09, 2006, 05:23:16 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on December 09, 2006, 05:20:19 AM
Oh and can people stop saying 'dev's shown a bit of emotion towards a guy, he must be gay' its getting very repetitive and annoying.
You can do what I do: just ignore them. That doesn't encourage them to continue.
It doesn't seem to discourage them at all, either. :/

If people can ask others to stop it about the boyfriend theory, I can ask others to stop it with the completely RIDICULOUS speculation some of you people come up with. This post is brought to you by the Society Against Completely Ridiculous Speculation In These Threads.

Quote from: Azlan on December 09, 2006, 09:25:07 PM
Gee, why would anyone ever miss label genders on her characters?  There is so much effeminate aspects and latent energy that the male readership is becoming effeminate  >:3.  There is only a handful of us manly men still clinging to our testosterone... *flexes*  Of course me flexing is sort of like bending stringbeans...

*Leaps into his TA and revs the V-8 engine*  Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.

Hello. *paints Azlan's TA a bright and neon-inspired pink* Goodbye.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Azlan

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on December 09, 2006, 09:59:57 PM

How the freaking heck am I supposed to look manly in a pink muscle car?  Darn you and your pinkness!

thegayhare

Quote from: Azlan on December 09, 2006, 10:02:12 PM

How the freaking heck am I supposed to look manly in a pink muscle car?  Darn you and your pinkness!

hey it takes a real man to wear pink

bill

You could always paint it like this...

e_voyager

Quote from: Azlan on December 09, 2006, 09:59:24 PM

You pale in comparison to Blues.

i have a copy of his body as well but he is too self consumed for me to enjoy my time in that form. good fighter thought more skill then power.

Nino

Quote from: Alablast on December 09, 2006, 11:26:00 AM
My guess, just in keeping with the 'tragic' storyline developing so far:

Xander went to the tower to send a message, but got knocked out by the monster (or maybe the monster just thought it had killed him).  Monster leaves Xander in the tower, goes back to Devin and Abel, and tries to leave (I'm guessing he's trying to throw Glory, or anybody else, off his trail- he does specify they need to hurry when he meets up with them at the lake).  Glory shows up and stops them from leaving, which gives Xander enough time to come to.  Xander sees Devin and Abel surrounded by himself (who he knows is the monster) and three other creatures (he probably can't tell who they are from the watchtower; just that they're with the monster and have his friends cornered).  Seeing his party members in trouble, he does the only thing an adventuring hero can do- he attacks.

I get this impression because of three things:

The fort wasn't actually burned down when it was attacked; Devin said it just looked like somebody knocked over a lantern.  If fireballs were getting thrown around, that probably wouldn't be the case.

Xander got pretty upset when Glory showed up- "Oh shi-!"

Devin said that the attacker was concentrating on Glory's team.  Granted, Devin and Abel had jumped out of sight while Glory and the others were standing and fighting, but it still supports the theory that Xander is... errr... was... up in the tower trying to save Devin and Abel.

Plus, I love how the talk bubble looks like a snowflake when Devin attacked.  (Not really important, just thought it was a nice touch. ^^)

But Xander knew Devin's name when coming back from the tower.

Arcalane

Quote from: Sid on December 09, 2006, 04:15:51 PM
Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 09, 2006, 04:00:35 PM

Well take in mind it's a crowded environment in the shot in which our mystery random dalmatian-succubi everyone's talking about, so pretty much all you can see of some people in the way of bodily features is their head. Hard as it is to believe, there are probably some out there that don't use illusions or shapeshifting to... shall we say... 'augment' themselves. :B

KarlOmega1

*adds to list of Ice Magic users*
----------
Miaka
(NEW) Devin
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

superluser

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 09, 2006, 04:00:35 PMlittle background Cubi into the story at any point.(who btw was a female)

Yay!

Toldja she was a woman.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tait-Fox

One word.. owned.. unless its like many other things I've seen, this is only the start or that guy in the tower survived cause of tactics, if not, BLAM! SPIKED!

POOR XANDER!  :< I LUVED HIM SO!  :) He was so cools  :3

Good ice wave Amber.  Hehehe.

HALO 2: Hehe.. I played Halo 2 yesterday with 15 other people on Headlong, a bit city like map, well, the level had sniper weapon set, so, being the sniper I was, I took it, and went to a spot my friend taught me, I climbed up a ladder, and once your up in this gate with the color set I had, your invisible basically, I went through the whole game sniping, got to 44 kills by snipers only, when my friend finnaly saw me and killed me.  What happened was I dropped his shields but he hid, I shot others, he zoomed with rockets (starting weapons were random) and watched, he said he was like "Hey, that spot seems different, AND ITS SHOOTING!" So he shot a rocket and killed me, but, I continued sniping the rest of the game and won, 50 sniping kills, I was the victor with a 44 kill killing spree, and a killtacular.  IT WAS FUN THOUGH! Especially when people ran by me and didn't notice me. :3

Zedd

Quote from: thegayhare on December 09, 2006, 10:15:31 PM
Quote from: Azlan on December 09, 2006, 10:02:12 PM

hey it takes a real man to wear pink

Does this count?

e_voyager

oh now another Vegeta fan! run! " to or away form him? " does it matter?

Tiger_T

Quote from: Zedd on December 10, 2006, 03:33:27 AM
Does this count?

Nah, that's just freakingly cute. :animesweat :D
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Manawolf

Real Men don't wear pink,  they wear NOTHING (other than a pair of pants)!