10/06/2011 [DMFA# 1226] It doesn't take a lot of precog...

Started by Maril, June 10, 2011, 02:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maril

I've always wanted to do one of these...

Those cupcakes look delicious, but I don't think Abel will get to eat any  :mowcookie

VAE

Interesting ... i thought that she had predictive powers only over actions *at* SAIA.
As a sidenote, i really wonder where will the cake segments get teleported to
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Dard

Quote from: VAE on June 10, 2011, 02:18:52 AM
Interesting ... i thought that she had predictive powers only over actions *at* SAIA.
She has precog on all actions at SAIA and for two months after they leave SAIA

Viking ZX

Ahhh! Had to choose between two! But this one came first...so...

Those cupcakes made me hungry. Seriously, marbled red velvet with frosting? I'm normally not a cupcake fan but those just sound GOOD!

I love the detail and the level of art. Seriously, Amber just keeps getting better and better. The two warp-aci nomming to town in the back are an excellent touch.

As far as the plot goes, I'll bet that Falina no longer being able to predict/precog his future bothers him a lot more then he'd be willing to admit.

EDIT: Darn. Wrong thread. Preparing for the purge, may it be quick!
I'm an author! Check out my site!

joshofspam

Abel is a little late to yell at them. Their almost all gone already and I bet either Fa'lina will steal the ones he's working right now or the others saying goodbye might have a whack at eating the rest of his cupcakes.

Fa'lina the cupcake Moocher? Say it ain't so?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: joshofspam on June 10, 2011, 02:53:39 AM
Fa'lina the cupcake Moocher? Say it ain't so?

It is! It is! Quick everyone save your cupcakes!! D:

What I find interesting however, is the fact that those cupcakes ironically remind me of the marbled red velvet and white chocolate cake my friend made (which I've mentioned before). Hmmm......the resemblance is interesting.... :shifty

I must investigate this! :U

Mao

Merged the two threads, close call, but I went with the one that was created first.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

EJade

I wonder, is there perchance a recipe for these cupcakes?

Viking ZX

I know they're red velvet...but they remind me of peppermints...

MMMmmmm....Red Velvet Peppermint Cupcakes....

nevwyn

Quote from: Viking ZX on June 10, 2011, 06:36:05 AM
I know they're red velvet...but they remind me of peppermints...

MMMmmmm....Red Velvet Peppermint Cupcakes....

You Ebil bastard! *pouts* now I'm hungry.

Anker Steadfast

Aw, Fa'Lina somehow manages to look cute in that last panel.  :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

MT Hazard

Quote from: VAE on June 10, 2011, 02:18:52 AM
As a sidenote, i really wonder where will the cake segments get teleported to

I've been wondering for a while is how Fi was able to get drunk, if he doesn't actually ingest anything.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

FairWage22

There's a lot of good work here.

Frame 1:  Good long shot of Fa'Lina in a non-aggressive stance, almost can taste what she's tasting.

Frame 2:  The blurred distant shot of Abel pulling out the next tray of cupcakes is very well done, the picture wouldn't be the same without the slight blur (heat waves, distance, both?).

Frame 4:  Of course, Abel looks irritated enough and the 'Ooops, I got caught!' look on Fa'lina's face that without precognition Fa'lina may not see a very quick "Ka-suckerpunch" coming, especially if she's enjoying the cupcakes so much.
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

Alondro

*Charline tsks at Fa'lina!*  So greedy!  Save some for other Cubi!  *like me!*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Dard

You know, last page I was thinking that Abel is rude because he doesn't share his cupcakes.
Now I think that he was right.
What happens now has nothing to do with "sharing".
It has everything to do with Abel getting nothing at all.

Attic Rat

Quote from: Dard on June 10, 2011, 04:00:31 PM
You know, last page I was thinking that Abel is rude because he doesn't share his cupcakes.
Now I think that he was right.
What happens now has nothing to do with "sharing".
It has everything to do with Abel getting nothing at all.

Yep, Abel is being rude, but he has a right to it. When you take something without permission, or even asking, it isn't "sharing" any more. There's another word for it, altogether different in concept.

Still, really, Abel put 'way too much frosting on those cupcakes. Maybe it'll make 'em sick.
:mowcookie  :mowdizzy  :mwaha
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

joshofspam

Quote from: Attic Rat on June 10, 2011, 05:03:09 PM
Still, really, Abel put 'way too much frosting on those cupcakes. Maybe it'll make 'em sick.
:mowcookie  :mowdizzy  :mwaha

Too much frosting?

Oh, no nonono. Their is never enough frosting.

"Sugary sweets that give Bliss to my brain."

Sinfully delights that give my teeth pain.

But I have a feeling Abel had to deal with moochers all the time at the academy. Though Fa'lina was probably the biggest offender. Closely Followed by her. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_553.php

Anker Steadfast

Ah, but Abel will get something for his cupcakes, good advice and good company.

..... well, maybe good advice.  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Maril

lilpuppy23

I find it interesting that the frosting is the same color as Fa'Lina's hair.

Also, the amount of detail is quite noticeable :)

incight

Hello, everybody. Long time lurker, but I felt the need to register to share something that I think the regulars missed. Back in http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1116.php, Abel mentioned that a month from now was his Birthday, and he was going to kill his father on that day. That involved returning to SAIA. Then, in http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1208.php, he tries to convince Dan to return to SAIA. This is because, as he said in http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1218.php, Dan is the reason he left, and if Dan returns, there's no reason for Abel to stay.

When he found out that this wasn't the case, he tried pleading http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1219.php. With rather weak arguments, that Dan was able to shut down (no pun intended). He's clearly desperate to go back, and I doubt it's because he doesn't like the real world.
(This is when I started getting surprised that nobody was linking Abel's plans to him not being able to go back)

I thought he wouldn't be able to do what he's been planning for who knows how long, and had just accepted it in resignation, but then the most recent comic let me remember something. Fa'lina's foresight for Cubi outside of SAIA lasts only two months. That time is practically up! http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1226.php So Abel's on his own for the next month. Fa'lina can't interfere so long as he doesn't get in SAIA, because she won't know it'll happen. Remember what big thing is planned to happen during that month? Abel's birthday, and Aniz's death day. I don't know how, when, or where, but I think it's clear that Abel is going to exploit Fa'lina's weakness to kill his father.

I couldn't find where to put this in the previous sentence, but Fa'Lina got rid of Abel just before his birthday to avoid this very problem. She, for whatever reason, doesn't want Abel to kill Aniz.

So, yeah. Just saw this and wanted to share.
----------
And now for the much deserved praise: I've been following this comic for over three years, and I have to say that it's masterful. The art (especially recently) has blossomed into something beautiful, and plot has gone from Sledgehammers and Pokemans to... this. A huge, wonderfully written web of characters and conflicts that amazes us with what we can see and never fails to surprise us with what we can't. Great, great job Amber.
----------
EDIT: Preemptive to the welcome by the seniors and moderators, I've read the rules, FAQ, and all that good stuff.

Previewer

An interesting theory, were it not for the fact that Aniz is, according to this, already dead...

incight

D'oh! Forgot about that. I hate to repeat the conversation of a few threads back, but did I also miss where Abel learned of this? It looks (as far as I can tell) like M.A.C.E. is the only one who knows insofar. Fa'Lina might know, which could explain some of her inaction (it's also early in the conversation), but if Abel still doesn't know, then that wouldn't change his planned course of action.

Mao

If this is any indication, he seems to know that he can't.  Note the part where he says it's no longer an option?  That can be taken two ways:  It's not an option because he's not at SAIA or that he already knows Aniz is dead.  Given that folks have teased him about the Ti'fiona name and him having a debt to them, I think he's well aware of the situation.

Amber Williams

Man...I was totally about to post "Yeah. Fa'Lina told Abel back in Abel's Story..." and went to get a link when I remembered I didn't actually do that conversation in the comic because I didn't go through with a third part of Abel's Story.

WELL DON'T I FEEL SILLY NOW. :U

That said, yeah. Fa'Lina did let Abel know the news.  Aniz's death was also the event that kickstarted Destania finally leaving the Acadamy as well when she found out.

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 11, 2011, 03:58:07 PM
Man...I was totally about to post "Yeah. Fa'Lina told Abel back in Abel's Story..." and went to get a link when I remembered I didn't actually do that conversation in the comic because I didn't go through with a third part of Abel's Story.

WELL DON'T I FEEL SILLY NOW. :U

That said, yeah. Fa'Lina did let Abel know the news.  Aniz's death was also the event that kickstarted Destania finally leaving the Acadamy as well when she found out.

That's a little ironic really.

After all, isn't that how Dan got in the whole "off to Saia situation" in the first place when Aaryanna went to go avenge his mom?

Sounds almost like Fa'lina made sure that Destinia was there to eavesdrop. Just to get her away from Abel.

Viking ZX

You know, I hope we do actually get to see what Abel does for his birthday. Ever since he's one goal has been completely outed, I've been wondering what was going to occur on his birthday instead. Maybe Mab will get involved... :eager

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Viking ZX on June 10, 2011, 02:49:10 AM
Ahhh! Had to choose between two! But this one came first...so...

Those cupcakes made me hungry. Seriously, marbled red velvet with frosting? I'm normally not a cupcake fan but those just sound GOOD!

I love the detail and the level of art. Seriously, Amber just keeps getting better and better. The two warp-aci nomming to town in the back are an excellent touch.

As far as the plot goes, I'll bet that Falina no longer being able to predict/precog his future bothers him a lot more then he'd be willing to admit.

EDIT: Darn. Wrong thread. Preparing for the purge, may it be quick!

I should go get me some cupcakes like that.  The idea of that sounds awesome.