04/10/09 [Abel 2 #51] - Clan of Woe

Started by inuhanyo, April 10, 2009, 02:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inuhanyo

Now we know Abel's clan name.   I think Siar is our first clear image of a tri-wing.   Though it would seem that she's dead.

Amber is back!  Hooray!  :)    Welcome back, and don't push yourself so hard you have another relapse, OK.

!KCA

Emo Siamese! I suspect that Siar is just a memory at this point. Pity. Is that the original location of her clan symbol?

KyleEverett

Oh how I want a Demonology 101 on all the different clans.

Jairus

Anyone else interest that Fa'Lina mentioned Clans Cyra and Siar in the same breath as clans of dark emotions and deceptions? Heck, the names even look similar. Interesting... I wonder if Cyra and Siar might have been related? Time for exposition on Clan Siar, methinks.

Also, that looks like a lovely garden.

You can do it Amber! We're rooting for you!

PS: That moniker, "Clan of Woe," does nothing for Clan Siar's image.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

inuhanyo

Quote from: !KCA on April 10, 2009, 02:14:19 AM
Emo Siamese! I suspect that Siar is just a memory at this point. Pity. Is that the original location of her clan symbol?

The location of the clan symbol varies by individual.  Only Amber knows if that's the same place Siar's clan symbol was before she became a tri-wing.

Quote from: Jairus on April 10, 2009, 02:26:41 AM
Anyone else interest that Fa'Lina mentioned Clans Cyra and Siar in the same breath as clans of dark emotions and deceptions? Heck, the names even look similar. Interesting I wonder if Cyra and Siar might have been related? Time for exposition on Clan Siar, methinks.

Also, that looks like a lovely garden.

You can do it Amber! We're rooting for you!

PS: That moniker, "Clan of Woe," does nothing for Clan Siar's image.

And Clan Cyra is the Clan of Pain.  Not a good image either.

OK, Interesting observation.  Siar's wing coloration is reflected in Anise's wings, though with a reversal.   Cyra's blue, and so is Destania.   I wonder if this is a consistent pattern?

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

LoneHowler

Awesome we finaly get to see a tri-wing. Nice job Amber. I also hope for a demonolgy on clans. Also if a clan doesn't have a founder and one of their mebers becomes a tri wing does the whole clan change? Like get a new symbol as well as a new name? Then if a clan has a founder and one of the members becomes powerfull enough to become tri wing does a new seperate clan form or is that ability supressed and they have to petion the founder to break their ties to the clam before they can found a new clan?
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Feather Dancer

I sense fanart coming up she's one beautiful lady. Only I bet I'd get the eye colour wrong :< Amber if you're up for looking here while you're blarghing around, is she siamese in the tradtional sense just looking kickass and Cubi?

And interesting Seme which are one that vouched for staying with Abel are one of the darker...
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Goatmon

Evil Fox

Welcome back Amber! Abel's clan is clan Siar, whats was Dan's clan name?

Feather Dancer

Quote from: Evil Fox on April 10, 2009, 04:19:15 AM
Welcome back Amber! Abel's clan is clan Siar, whats was Dan's clan name?

Cyra.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Feather Dancer on April 10, 2009, 03:26:13 AM
And interesting Seme which are one that vouched for staying with Abel are one of the darker...

Not particularly surprising. After all, if Abel is locked up in misery, why waste all that lovely emotion?

I'm personally wondering if any of the volunteers had Abel's best in mind, or if they were all self-interested...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Feather Dancer

Probably the latter :) But these extra tidbits of info are always interesting given we'll probably never see them/see and be aware of it.

Incidentlly I've left a tab open with Siar she's just too damn lovely to look at but then I am pedigree cat biased.

Pagan

So clan Seme has a "negative" emotional affinity. I wonder what affinity clan Uke has.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

AndersW

Quote from: inuhanyo on April 10, 2009, 02:13:10 AM
 I think Siar is our first clear image of a tri-wing.

There are 3 other images of tri-wing out there, and for some reason they are all female. :mowhappy

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on April 10, 2009, 02:13:10 AM
Now we know Abel's clan name.   I think Siar is our first clear image of a tri-wing.
In canon, yes.  But there have been others.  The calendar, for example:

http://www.missmab.com/graphics/C_October.jpg

(before you ask, the missing one is here)

QuoteThough it would seem that she's dead.
Indeed.  A victim of the clan wars, I would imagine.

QuoteAmber is back!  Hooray!  :)    Welcome back, and don't push yourself so hard you have another relapse, OK.
Quoted for Truth.

Quote from: AndersW on April 10, 2009, 08:30:30 AM
There are 3 other images of tri-wing out there, and for some reason they are all female.
I asked - there are male Tri-wings.  It's not a girl-only thing.

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 10, 2009, 02:56:14 AM
Yay, buttwings! :mowmeep
Technically they are hip-wings, but yeah.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AndersW

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 10, 2009, 08:36:45 AM
Quote from: AndersW on April 10, 2009, 08:30:30 AM
There are 3 other images of tri-wing out there, and for some reason they are all female.

I asked - there are male Tri-wings.  It's not a girl-only thing.

But we have only seen female Tri-wings. :mowwink

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on April 10, 2009, 09:00:17 AM
But we have only seen female Tri-wings. :mowwink
Indeed.   Just heading off the inference you were making  :P

Anyone else wondering if, had the updates been running to schedule, Dan would have died today and been revived on Sunday?

Graficcha

I FINALLY after losing the last forum registered again. (been following DMFA since the Merlitz and the human arc)

Doesn't this particular cubi have FOUR freakin' wings? O__o

Tapewolf

Quote from: Graficcha on April 10, 2009, 09:05:11 AM
I FINALLY after losing the last forum registered again. (been following DMFA since the Merlitz and the human arc)

Doesn't this particular cubi have FOUR freakin' wings? O__o

Six.  Most 'Cubi have four, except for immature 'Cubi who just have the two on the back.  Tri-wing founders have six.

Welcome aboard, don't forget to read the rules.  Have fun, etc...

Graficcha

*giggle* will do x°

I should learn not to go *objection!point* at stuff like this, you guys are experts  :3 *pops back to work on stuff*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Graficcha on April 10, 2009, 09:11:51 AM
I should learn not to go *objection!point* at stuff like this, you guys are experts  :3
On the other hand it does mean I'm sad enough to have spent years studying the comic  :rolleyes

EDIT:
Also, do question me.  I'm not trying to be a definitive authority figure on this, and even if I was, there is a lot of guesswork involved and a fair amount of it may be wrong.

N-Cat

One thing I have to say to AndersW [Haven't figured out how to  quote yet]: Buahg...That is the worst inference I have ever heard.  Never say anything like that again.  By the way, does anyone know any other Tri-Wing traits? Like, say they do determine their descendant's colors of wings and body?
I like how deftly Amber solved the PG-14 rating thing with Siar, having two little stickers that cover just her nipples.  Very heavy handed.  I mean, what's the point? Her wingspan isn't even very..."perky"
Sorry for all the bad jokes
p.s. Does anyone know where Cyra's symbol was on her body before it was so rudely censored?(Just kidding, that was proper, not rude)

Graficcha

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 10, 2009, 09:13:38 AM
Quote from: Graficcha on April 10, 2009, 09:11:51 AM
I should learn not to go *objection!point* at stuff like this, you guys are experts  :3
On the other hand it does mean I'm sad enough to have spent years studying the comic  :rolleyes

<== *is a semi-expert at everything but fails at all of those when it comes to details and 'wake up for banana's sake*

Heck, I've spent two years lurking of Lab 305 on Gaia and am now a three-year thread regular *rolls*

DMFA I've known since pretty much the time I discovered the internet, and stayed with it ever since. It's got so much 'replay' value, too. If I recall correctly I found it via... Dragon Tails I think.

Okay, back on topic, I apparently could not count nor divide by three nor remember the very fact that made me go 'DUH' loudly once you mentioned it.

edit: Holy bisnatch these forums work user-friendly O_O

Tapewolf

Quote from: N-Cat on April 10, 2009, 09:16:27 AM
One thing I have to say to AndersW [Haven't figured out how to  quote yet]

Go to the post you want to quote, and press the 'QUOTE' button.  When you're posting, you also get a list of some prior posts at the end of the page - they have a link marked 'Insert Quote', so there's two ways of doing it :P

QuoteBy the way, does anyone know any other Tri-Wing traits? Like, say they do determine their descendant's colors of wings and body?
Obviously it didn't do much for Abel's wings.  The main body colours seem to be a product of the weaker member of the two parents.

Quotep.s. Does anyone know where Cyra's symbol was on her body before it was so rudely censored?(Just kidding, that was proper, not rude)
No, we don't.  It has probably changed anyway... I only posted that at all because llearch wanted confirmation that she's female.

N-Cat

Tapewolf, I don't mean to be a pain, but I don't see a quote button, and when I click "Insert Quote," it just brings me to the top of the posting page.  Where I am there's a filter so I have to use a proxy.  Could that be somehow messing with the code?

Tapewolf

Quote from: N-Cat on April 10, 2009, 09:28:08 AM
Tapewolf, I don't mean to be a pain, but I don't see a quote button, and when I click "Insert Quote," it just brings me to the top of the posting page.  Where I am there's a filter so I have to use a proxy.  Could that be somehow messing with the code?

Are you using the default theme or something weird?  IIRC only the DMFA and default CMF theme are guaranteed to work.

I get this:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/scraps/quoting.png

(...moderator powers greyed out)

Feather Dancer

Trainwreak fanart sketches go!

I'll probably colour this when absolutely sure... I don't ink I just mash then colour and boy it shows :) I also broke OpenCanvas at one point.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"insert quote" will scroll the page to the top, and then, after a little thinking, usually, it'll paste the post you just asked it to quote into the text box.

The "Quote" button is at the top right of every post, along with the Modify button on your own posts, and, if you're a mod, everyone else's posts - not to mention the Remove and Split Topic icons, and Select checkbox...

What _you_ should see on everyone else's posts, in the top right corner, is a "Quote" image. If it's your own post, it'll usually have a Quote and a Modify or Edit (depending on which theme you're using) image.

Since *goes and looks* you're using the forum default, I'd guess you're using the DMFA theme here - the image you're looking for looks like

.. I see Tapewolf has already responded. ;-]

edit:
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 10, 2009, 09:37:48 AM
Are you using the default theme or something weird?  IIRC only the DMFA and default CMF theme are guaranteed to work.

... Really? I thought I'd fixed all of them. If anyone has information otherwise, please, drop me a note...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears