DMFA Steam group?

Started by Sofox, January 01, 2009, 12:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofox

Just an idea.
It's not hard to do, and it helps a community to know everyone else's Steam ID and arrange gaming events. Any thoughts?

Ryudo Lee

Sounds like a good idea, if we can gather enough peoples to make it worthwhile.  How many people here actually use Steam?

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Colgatecrusader

i actually do use steam every once and a while for half life two death match.
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Sofox

Well it's easy to set up a group. You just click "Create New Group" enter some details, and then decide whether you want it to be private or public.
Probably public in this case, since otherwise you'd have to send invites and this way anyone who's interested can join.
It also helps to have an image to represent the group.

Mao

I also use steam on occasion, however it's been a while.  I'm kinda waiting on the next episode of HL2.  If this gets started, I'd be interested in it just don't expect too much from me.  I suck. :P

Cvstos

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Mao Laoren, but I'd be more than happy to join up.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

information-dead

sounds good to me. my current steam id is GLaDoS (the supercomputer from portal, GLaDoS).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sounds like a very poor decision to me, information-dead.

Thread necromancy is frowned upon here. You have been warned. Read the rules, it's listed in there. The forum warns you about posting in threads older than two weeks, and _we_ warn you about posting in threads more than a month old. The former is so that you don't come to our attention. Do pay attention to it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears