Chapter 5 is up and ready to kick your... Talmi

Started by stiletto, June 15, 2008, 12:10:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 25, 2008, 01:56:35 PM
Quote from: Brunhidden on June 25, 2008, 03:08:42 AM
i would guess the reason is related to why gangrel hasn't been popping out of jigsaws ear every ten seconds to chirp helpful yet annoying advice.

"Hey! Look! Listen"?

ye gods, now ill think of that voice whenever i see one of those little hoverdolls.... although they are just about small enough to fit in an ear
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

AndersW

In #86 I don't know what the floating things are talking about.  Are we suppose to know what they are talking about or is it just a clue for later.

And in #87, who is talking in the square of text?

Madmann135

I think the line "Were off to save your sister from helping herself to her new vampiric nature" would be more appropriate but they don't know that she's a blood sucker.

As much as I wanna see it, and probably will with time, I wanna see the family conversation that goes something like this...
Jigsaw:  Mom, Dad, I'm a vampire...
Parents: :U... :explosion 

Only because it seems almost appropriate.
:vampcat

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 29, 2008, 01:29:29 PM
As much as I wanna see it, and probably will with time, I wanna see the family conversation that goes something like this...
Jigsaw:  Mom, Dad, I'm a vampire...

and somehow i would expect them to react almost exactly like if she told them she was pregnant or homosexual- including asking if she had thought of a condom

Madmann135

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 01, 2008, 04:36:38 AM
and somehow i would expect them to react almost exactly like if she told them she was pregnant or homosexual- including asking if she had thought of a condom

My question now is "is there a vampirism condom?"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Madmann135

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 02, 2008, 09:08:49 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on July 02, 2008, 08:41:14 AM
My question now is "is there a vampirism condom?"

Rubber teeth. HTH, HAND.

I don't think rubber teeth will be as fun for the vampire but I am sure it will be safe for the intended victim.

There's a new monster in town, unfortunately it is not the green eyed monster of jealousy. I wonder how Jigsaw will explain the new hickey on her new subordinate... Or is the doctor expecting such an attempt and is prepared for such a move.

Place your bets everyone, place your bets.
I got 2 down saying Jigsaw won't go through it.  And 10 saying the doctor is playing asleep.

I don't like vampires, just so you know

AndersW

Braaaaaains. Wait, wrong persona.

*Ahem*

I vant to suck your blood.

I am loving Jigsaw's Eyes here.  There just so... red.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 06, 2008, 01:36:03 AM
There's a new monster in town, unfortunately it is not the green eyed monster of jealousy. I wonder how Jigsaw will explain the new hickey on her new subordinate... Or is the doctor expecting such an attempt and is prepared for such a move.

The fur will hide any bruising. This is one of the interesting features of a furry community; it's also an interesting point when considering the less savoury side of humanity - if a man hits his wife, the bruise is fairly obvious; if a furry hits his (or her, for that matter) partner, the bruise will be less obvious due to the fur hiding it, and also cushioning the blow...

All interesting details.

Madmann135

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 06, 2008, 07:36:38 AM
The fur will hide any bruising. This is one of the interesting features of a furry community; it's also an interesting point when considering the less savoury side of humanity - if a man hits his wife, the bruise is fairly obvious; if a furry hits his (or her, for that matter) partner, the bruise will be less obvious due to the fur hiding it, and also cushioning the blow...

All interesting details.

Though you have multiple points there you are missing one minor/major detail...
Daisy (Jigsaw's subordinate) IS a human.

llearch n'n'daCorna

stiletto

Talk about moving forward in your relationship. It wouldn't be a furry comic without loads of innuendo.

On a side note, Jigsaw updated a few minutes late last night. I had to call her to remind her :P (Not that she needed it, but it was fun to poke at her about it)

llearch n'n'daCorna

* llearch n'n'daCorna makes a mental note to write that code he's been meaning to to manage auto-updates. *

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 06, 2008, 04:32:16 PM
* llearch n'n'daCorna makes a mental note to write that code he's been meaning to to manage auto-updates. *

Please do; this wouldn't be the first time I've nearly forgotten to update. Also, when I actually get a nightlife again (and conventions, and other things...), I'd like not to worry about it. ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

AndersW

Jig, could you talk about what you did with the eyes here.  I would really like to know.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Jigsaw Forte

It's a sign of her inexperience, really.

Jigsaw's eyes change (at this point, at least) with any instance of her "transformation" into her more vampire-like traits -- in this case, to get her fangs out -- and they're often one of the early signs of her transformations, period.

She'll get better about it eventually, but it'll take more time for her to get used to it (and more importantly, tell WHEN she's doing it so she can control it).

stiletto

I think they might have meant how you made them look like that, artistically speaking.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: stiletto on July 09, 2008, 03:35:16 PM
I think they might have meant how you made them look like that, artistically speaking.

I know _I_ did. It's obvious Jig pulls her eyes out when she pulls her fangs out, at least to me. Anything else is a bonus...

How you got the slightly glowy effect, however, is what interested me.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 09, 2008, 04:18:54 PM

I know _I_ did. It's obvious Jig pulls her eyes out when she pulls her fangs out, at least to me. Anything else is a bonus...

Oh, THAT.

Light red knockout around the eyes + a blue "masking" effect to dull the rest of the scene's colors except on the eyes.

stiletto

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on July 09, 2008, 05:33:25 PM

Oh, THAT.

Light red knockout around the eyes + a blue "masking" effect to dull the rest of the scene's colors except on the eyes.

(psst, in English)

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: stiletto on July 09, 2008, 10:26:16 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on July 09, 2008, 05:33:25 PM

Oh, THAT.

(psst, in English)

The lineart that's just her red irises is a slightly lighter red (well, pink), and the majority of the rest of the image is covered with a somewhat transparent layer of dark blue to make it look nighttime-y. I removed the blue for various portions like the backlighting on Jigsaw's ears, her eyes, and to make the brighter spots of color in the other panels.

If you want it in plainer english, I'd have to get out screenshots.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on July 09, 2008, 10:46:37 PM
The lineart that's just her red irises is a slightly lighter red (well, pink), and the majority of the rest of the image is covered with a somewhat transparent layer of dark blue to make it look nighttime-y. I removed the blue for various portions like the backlighting on Jigsaw's ears, her eyes, and to make the brighter spots of color in the other panels.

If you want it in plainer english, I'd have to get out screenshots.

Screenshots would be truly wonderful, but I get the idea.

Mostly it's a matter of "what colour red?" type thing, which I suspect I'll mess up due to lack of practice. I was actually thinking in terms of colouring Mystiqe's image, and making some of the bits glow in green, as per the example... which I suspect I'll keep thinking about, but not actually do...

AndersW

I don't mind the early update at all.

And is daisy restrained there?  I can see arm restraints, and I wonder if there are leg restraints also.  Well, leg restraint seeing as daisy only has one leg now.

And what is that beeping sound in the third and fourth panels?

Madmann135

My dislike for vampirism makes me glee in happyness that Jigsaw didn't go through with it.

Though Jigsaw's comment makes me wonder... Are vampires here similar to vampires in Hellsing with Alucard.

I like pannel 2 WTFAID Jigsaw and the last pannel sexy Jigsaw.
...Why is it that undead vampire ladies tend to have the body of a sucubus?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 12, 2008, 06:30:47 PM
...Why is it that undead vampire ladies tend to have the body of a sucubus?

Because the comics with them looking like succubi tend to sell better to the sweaty, underaged, never-saw-a-naked-woman-before male demographic.

Forgive my cynicism...

Brunhidden

also blood is a low carb, low fat food- the pounds just fly off but muscle and boob remain

stiletto

Page 90 has always been one of my favorite pages, for several reasons. That and I can't look at that second panel without laughing... yet I don't know if Jigsaw would want me saying why (can I?)

Jigsaw, the demon barber of Fleet Street.... apparently she's been found out.