Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on May 19, 2008, 12:03:22 PM
I would like everyone to either post here or PM me if you're still interested in this or not.  The main thing is that I get a definite answer.

I certainly am.  Azlan hasn't been on the board for a few days, so it's hard to say.  Since he's in charge of the stealth team, I'd like to think he's still game.  Danny's fairly regular so we should hopefully have an answer from him, but I don't know about Lucas.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Dannysaysnoo

I'm still here, yeah, but i rarely have windows to post, what with being crap at all this word stuff.

Azlan

I am here... sort of, just not a lot to say and busy... it seems Exchange 2007 and BES don't play well together...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Azlan on May 20, 2008, 12:22:26 AM
I am here... sort of, just not a lot to say and busy... it seems Exchange 2007 and BES don't play well together...
In my limited experience BES doesn't play well with the Blackberry either.

Ryudo Lee

Ouch.  I feel your pain Az.  Take your time.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Azlan

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on May 20, 2008, 09:20:39 AM

Ouch.  I feel your pain Az.  Take your time.

We are also only a few weeks from the go live date for SAP...

Prof B Hunnydew

Adding Temp Character... Jathon for your approval

Race: ferret
Sex Male  Age: 21
Ht: 5 9 wt: 165   Body type: slim wiry build.
Skills first class field medic, recon, and small weapon training.
Magic: lucky in battle, he is still young but in the few fights he has been, he seem to never get hit by stay bullets or collaterial damage. 

Jathon is Rebel trained scout with medical background.  He is good at stealth and the best pistol marksman at the base.  but he is one of the best field paramedic the rebels have.  He is a quiet boy from the streets, he runaway to join the rebels after his high school was destroyed by the Brotherhood, which was after some "witch club" about five girls.  100 students died in a fighting, and one was his sweetheart.  The offical and the Brotherhood statement said that gas explosion destroy the school and kill the students.  Jathon saw the true fight and ran to the rebels.

PBH

Weapon: 9mm semi-automatic.

Ryudo Lee

Prof B Hunnydew

Welll,  To the end of the Tower mission at the most, but we will see how well, he fits in with the rest of the group.  Sally is out of the tower mission anyway, until the very end.....and she maybe push to the back of the story until she is needed again.  She is still my favorite, but I am not sure if she can fit into the story right now.   

But that is up to you.

Ryudo Lee

Tapewolf

Dorcan is waiting for suggestions on firearms.  Obviously it's not the intention of the stealth group to start a fight, but in case of emergency...

shadowterm

Issaic "Izzie" Nebulous

sex: Male

Tech: Has an affinity for repulsion systems he designed himself. the feilds emmited repel matter, and apear jet-like (think Iron Man) due to the feil repelling the particle portion of light. He has made his own air ship and hopes to be recruited by friends and allies to help battle the brotherhood. weaponry includes a sword created by a plasma arc contained within a magnetic field, the plasma is a very high temperature, but is not especially good at cutting metals with high heat threshholds, and thus is used primarily for close quarters combat with organic adversaries. And a rifle that fires small metal projectile at speeds aproaching the speed of light using a compacted linear accelaration motor (MAC gun for the non-tech savy.)

Psy usage: He has limited use of telekineses, able to levitate momentarily, or break a fall.

Faction: none (yet)

Appearance: Humanoid, with tech implants for vision and hearing. These are visible. (If you've seen startreck first contact, it looks like Jordy's bionic eyes. At least it would if he wasn't wearing excessively large goggles.

History: Issaic was born and raised with the technology that ran the world. At an early age he showed interes in it, and grew to invent the inovative repulsion systems used in some commercial hover-craft. Building on the success, He moved on to develope weaponry such as the PMAC Personal Magnetic Accelleration Canon, and defensive tech such as plasma sheilds for personal and structural use. He began his mission to hunt down the brotherhood when he noticed the alarming rate of disappearances, and decided to investigate.
/)//w//(\

Ryudo Lee

Hm that sounds interesting and you nicely limited the psi power.  Okay, we just need to work you into the party.

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay I am not going anywhere But I will not be posting until the party gets to departing stage or location... Which should be about now...If everyone else just starts posting...

PBH

shadowterm

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 25, 2008, 10:38:33 PM
Okay I am not going anywhere But I will not be posting until the party gets to departing stage or location... Which should be about now...If everyone else just starts posting...

PBH
I suppose I could show up as someone in the backup group, offering my ship and aid after the initial team leaves?
/)//w//(\

Arcalane

Sorry I haven't replied yet, I've been busy doing half a bajillion other things. :P

I had been meaning to reply to the query about the crossbows and weapons but the post got eaten. I'll get it up sometime tomorrow. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcalane on May 26, 2008, 07:59:24 PM
Sorry I haven't replied yet, I've been busy doing half a bajillion other things. :P
Yeah, I thought that was probably the case.

**EDIT**

Incidentally I made a slight change to Dorcan's skill set in his parent story - he now does have some experience with motorcycles ('Cubi love shiny things).  In real terms that isn't likely to affect him in BoTM since he won't have a local licence, there are liable to be differences and he's out of practice anyway.
I mention this mainly to square up the differences for people like llearch who are following both.

Ryudo Lee

Okay, this is the GM having never heard the term before... but what's a graser?

@shadowterm, we will need to work out how you're going to join in with the group.  I'm open to suggestions.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on May 27, 2008, 09:19:27 AM
I missed that.  I'm pretty sure it was the gravity generator weapon in one of James P Hogan's stories, but that's probably not what he's referring to.  If it is, then IMHO it is a little too powerful for use in an RP.  Unless it's something we have to destroy :3

Quote@shadowterm, we will need to work out how you're going to join in with the group.  I'm open to suggestions.
Is he on staff?  If so, that's easy.  If not, I guess he'd have to be a contractor, although we don't seem to have had a very good track record with those so far.

Azlan

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on May 27, 2008, 09:19:27 AM

He may be speaking of a "GRASER" -  Gamma Ray Amplification By Stimulated Emission of Radiation... Lasers operating in the gamma ray range.  They are used to reasonable effect in David Weber's Honor Harrington military science fiction book series.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Azlan on May 27, 2008, 10:05:17 AM
Lasers operating in the gamma ray range. 
Oosh.  I've always thought of X-ray lasers as orbital weapons.  That would certainly punch through the Brotherhood armour though I suspect it would probably fry the operator as well. 

Ryudo Lee

Something with that kind of power would have to be limited... such as the rebellion only having one working device.  I want to hear from Arc about it though. *Sends a PM*

llearch n'n'daCorna

I was under the impression the Honor Harrington version was significantly more powerful than lasers of the same aperture.

The other option is using gravity generators to control the light, rather than standard physical lenses; although I suspect that's me reading between the lines, rather than what was actually intended.

As for punching through, the idea of the weapons - both laser and graser based - in HH is not that they melt the target through heat transfer, but that they shatter it through imparting enough energy in a minuscule timeframe. YMMV, of course, and Ryudo has the final say...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

Yeah, Azlan hit it right on the head - Gamma-Ray, instead of Light - hence Graser, or Grazer.

I generally think of them as being punchier than (conventional) laser weapons though not massively stronger (if we use conventional rounds as an example, a standard laser might be 7.62, and a graser might be 12.7mm in terms of comparison), albeit taking longer to cool between shots, as well as being larger and heavier.

Ryudo Lee

Okay then that will be okay.  It's not too overpowered, though will have to be carried and used by someone trained to use heavy weapons.

Tapewolf

I figured it might be a good idea to mention some of this in-character, so I've amended Dorcan's question.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on May 27, 2008, 07:45:08 PM
...will have to be carried and used by someone trained to use heavy weapons.

Exo? I believe that's your call... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 28, 2008, 10:01:19 AM
Quote from: Ryudo Lee on May 27, 2008, 07:45:08 PM
...will have to be carried and used by someone trained to use heavy weapons.

Exo? I believe that's your call... ;-]
If only Boog/Mister were still here, him taking that kind of weapon would have been perfect... :<

Tapewolf

At the end of the day, Dorcan was asking what weapon he should carry...

Ryudo Lee

I'm surprised that no one got creeped out by the warbot... giggling.