Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC Thread) {02}

Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas marcone

You going to let anyone else see any action, Tech? If so, I'm ok with your style. If not, you may need to rethink it.

techmaster-glitch

Uh, I did say IC that Jexx is only shooting in one direction in the tunnel...he can't get anything that's behind him and the group.

lucas marcone

...Well yeah but how much action do you see sneaking up on them from behind?

techmaster-glitch

I see a whole tunnel lined with turrets in all directions...

lucas marcone

I see a tunnel streaching forward from the trap door, and nothing backwards. maybe a wall

techmaster-glitch

Well then, this is where we have a direct conflict of mental visuals. We need Ryudo to sort this out.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 08, 2007, 07:36:11 PM
First off, i was assuming there was no lighting in the tunnel, hence the constant reference to his handcaccons lighting the weay. That's not a problem.
Yeah, I know... I'm assuming very dim emergency-type lighting, or the sort of basic illumination you might have in a mine, maybe less.  You'd still want to have something brighter for anything more than a patrol.

QuoteIf one of the rebel guys stepped on a remoted activator plate, stealth be dammed, I see absolutely no reason why that alone would not make a blip on a Tower comp screen.
Agreed (Dorcan has mentioned this IC)

QuoteFinally, I thought that the signal has already been cut off to that Chad guy, and he seemed fine last we saw.
IIRC the chip was removed, and they haven't yet been able to find out what happens if the signal is blocked while the chip is fully operational.

QuoteAlso, I don't where the idea popped up that the tunnel is what was relaying the signal.
Actually that idea came from Ryudo: http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=2926.msg136331#msg136331

QuoteI thought we were in agreement that it must be some sort of radio transmitter from the top of the tower, and that these tunnels are just some sort od maintenance accessways.

My guess (as Dorcan said earlier) is that the tunnel is carrying a signal feed to booster transmitters in the further parts of the town.  That would mean that cutting it would cut or seriously impair the broadcast in the outlying regions, which we don't really want to try yet IMHO.

For that matter we don't know the source of the signal.  It could just as easily be a feed into the tower from an external source...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 08, 2007, 07:44:32 PM
His plasma balls won't raise the ambient temperature. They don't work that way. they are far to focused to do something like that.

They're generated heat, right? They're going to splash onto either the target or the near vicinity of the target, right? Once there, the heat they apply to the target is going to re-radiate out into the environment, yes? Are you suggesting the laws of thermodynamics are in abeyance in this case?

Or have I missed something somewhere?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 08, 2007, 10:53:54 PM
I see a whole tunnel lined with turrets in all directions...

That would be a bit overkill, but there aren't that many turrets.  Maybe one or two every ten feet or so.  These are antipersonnel drones, not an assault force.

Quote from: lucas marcone on October 08, 2007, 11:25:47 PM
I see a tunnel streaching forward from the trap door, and nothing backwards. maybe a wall

The tunnel doesn't have a back wall.  It's a tunnel.  It goes both ways.  But you're heading towards the center of town as opposed to directly to the Brotherhood tower.  I don't think that Dorcan would want to go back to one of those, now would he? :)

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 09, 2007, 05:11:44 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 08, 2007, 07:36:11 PM
First off, i was assuming there was no lighting in the tunnel, hence the constant reference to his handcaccons lighting the weay. That's not a problem.
Yeah, I know... I'm assuming very dim emergency-type lighting, or the sort of basic illumination you might have in a mine, maybe less.  You'd still want to have something brighter for anything more than a patrol.

There are service lights.  It's a tunnel going under the city.  Not just some hole in the ground.

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 09, 2007, 05:11:44 AM
QuoteIf one of the rebel guys stepped on a remoted activator plate, stealth be dammed, I see absolutely no reason why that alone would not make a blip on a Tower comp screen.
Agreed (Dorcan has mentioned this IC)

The switch and the turrets are just a defense mechanism.  This is, after all, the first part of the game.  You can assume that they are just drones (which I'll make an IC post about) and no signal is being sent out, which you can further conclude that this tunnel is specialized for the purpose of the mind control chips.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 08, 2007, 07:40:26 PM
... he'll also raise the temperature of the tunnel a marked amount, which the number of bodies are going to do anyway. So everyone is going to get hot and humid and grumpy and nasty to deal with - and that's the guys on your -own- team.

Hmmm... :3

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on October 09, 2007, 09:30:27 AM
The switch and the turrets are just a defense mechanism.  This is, after all, the first part of the game.  You can assume that they are just drones (which I'll make an IC post about) and no signal is being sent out, which you can further conclude that this tunnel is specialized for the purpose of the mind control chips.

Right... you'll probably want to have your soldier guy tell Dorcan that, since he did ask :P

Ryudo Lee

llearch n'n'daCorna

techmaster-glitch

Just when I was about to say "Alright. I'm not going to bull over this one. Tunnel get a bit hotter."

One of these days llearch...one of these days... >:O :kruger

Ryudo Lee

Never trust a smiling DM.  :)

Running from DM's making a neko smile is a good idea. :3

@Tape -
Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 21, 2007, 01:31:06 PM
"If it can be shut down, then do it.  If you feel that you can't shut it down with your own forces then call for reinforcements." He says.

Did Dorcan forget that or did you forget that?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on October 09, 2007, 01:46:35 PM
Did Dorcan forget that or did you forget that?

I did.  That's almost what he's saying anyway, so it shouldn't take much tweaking.   His point is we still don't know if it can be shut down.

techmaster-glitch

Aw geeze. I really, really want to actually make a calm explanation responce to Josh IC, because that's what I would do, but I'm realizing that I've already been doing this, and I'm continually getting dangerously out-of-character by metagaming for Little Boy Psycho(Jexx). And the way Josh is yelling at Jexx, he really shouldn't take to kindly to that.

For now, I think I may keep Jexx calm, but something has to be worked out, because it really can't continue. Anyone got any ideas?

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 09, 2007, 04:56:13 PM
For now, I think I may keep Jexx calm, but something has to be worked out, because it really can't continue. Anyone got any ideas?

Dorcan's got a stungun... I can see him giving Jexx a low-level dose of that if he gets out of hand, besides that I can only really suggest medication :B

Ryudo Lee

I can make large heavy objects fall out of a mysterious hole in the ceiling and kill off the offending character. :3

Nah, I wouldn't do that to you guys... yet.

Besides, Josh should have heard what the techie said, so unless his little rant is after the fact, he might want to follow that up with something calmoer along the lines of "Just please be careful from now on."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on October 09, 2007, 05:12:38 PM
I can make large heavy objects fall out of a mysterious hole in the ceiling and kill off the offending character. :3

Ah, the old "rocks fall, everyone dies" party trick. I'll look forwards to it. ;-]

(sorry, tech. I'll shush now, honest.)

lucas marcone

oh he heard what tech said. he's just got the over protective rage thing going.

techmaster-glitch

"Help" from Tape, Lee, Corna
Lesson learned. Never, ever, ever, ever ask for help from the Players or the DM. In any situation. Whatsoever. No matter the circumstance.
They don't take you seriously.

Besides, Josh should have heard what the techie said, so unless his little rant is after the fact, he might want to follow that up with something calmoer along the lines of "Just please be careful from now on."
j/k. Thanks for that.

oh he heard what tech said. he's just got the over protective rage thing going.
You talking about me, or the actual Technician?

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 09, 2007, 05:50:03 PM
"Help" from Tape, Lee, Corna

Those were honest suggestions, albeit not a very good ones.  If I can think of a better way out of this I'll post it here for your perusal, but I'm not sure there is an easy quick fix, apart from giving Jexx some kind of mood-altering drug - which they are unlikely to have on them.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm not a player or the DM, so I don't take -any- of you seriously.

Try not to take it personally ;-]

techmaster-glitch

The thing is, Jexx was designed specifically to be the Berserker/Barbarian member of the party, so to speak. I thought you guys would have picked up on that.

And btw, when I was asking for advice, really I was anticipating something that I can do for Jexx myself at the moment that won't warp the original personality, because I can't think of anything for that. I was hoping one of you guys would have something.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 09, 2007, 06:07:07 PM
The thing is, Jexx was designed specifically to be the Berserker/Barbarian member of the party, so to speak. I thought you guys would have picked up on that.

Yeah, well if we decide that it's safe to destroy the facility, I'm sure that will come in very useful.  Indeed, if it wasn't for the fact that trashing the cables was an unknown quantity, Dorcan would be rolling his eyes and grinning or something, rather than angrily trying to stop him.

lucas marcone

josh heard everyone with a comm unit.

Tech we all see that Jexx is a "barbarian" type person. but there is a thing called character development. Josh won't leave this RP the same he went in. None of our characters will. The whole process of makeing new friends trusting and confideing in them and vanquishing whatever opposition will change a character and it's un avoidable unless said character is of the 2D variety.

In short we are trying to instill into Jexx the idea that he isn't alone and he has to change his planning and thought patterns to cope with the fact that there are more people than just him running around.

techmaster-glitch

Oh, hold everything, this is a single good post for Rammenstien to jump in!! He's been trying to jump in for quite some time now, he already sumbitted his character profile (well, actually I did it for him) and was approved by Ryudo ome time ago. However, by sheer DUMB luck, he keeps missing out every good post opportunity to actually start playing.
Morgan caught the cannon fire and conversation as it streamed across the channel, "Gods, can you all try and not alert the entire Brotherhood, I only brought a few hundred rounds for this sniper."
I've got the perfect line for that. I'll try to get ahold of him tomorrow to get his ass in here.

Rammenstein

*Sigh* It is true. I have had horrible luck with that. But, I finally have an opportunity for postage. And now, my profile. Read it, and bask in its awesomeness!

Name: Ram "Eraser" Ei'Sona

Sex: Male

Magic Usage: None

Psychic: No

Faction: Rebellion Freelance

Tech Usage: Ram's entire visual systems, all the way into the areas of the cerebrum that analyze visual input, have been surgically removed, and entirely replaced with cybernetic optical systems. His vision is half of his entire life; he can see objects in detail up to a range of five miles, with only his implants. He can also shift them so that they are sensitive to other parts of the electromagnetic spectrum, from X-ray, to infra-red, to thermal imaging. They can also record everything he sees in digital format, so he can upload his 'memories' into a data console for review.

The other half of his life is his sniper rifle, his LSR 75 Custom, which he has named 'Rectifier'. It was modified by Ram to accommodate a wide variety of ammunition, from energy cartridges that turn into plasma bolts when fired, to diamond-tipped ultra-penetrating bullets, to complete diamond, hyper-penetrating bullets fired by a single use miniature fusion generator. It was also designed in such a way that anything the rifle fires will stay in a perfectly straight line for up to 15 miles. His rifle also has a cybernetic link-up system, which Ram can interface his ocular implants with to extend his effective visual range from 5 to 8 miles. His only other weapon is a small personal pistol, which was a gift a good friend in the Rebellion he made, and he uses it as medium ranges, or when utilizing his pistol would be a better idea than his sniper.

Physical Description: Fox anthro, 5'9", 130 lbs, rust-red colored fur, obviously cybernetic eyes, black tribal-design tattoo on left shoulder; his clan's insignia, long rust-red scarf/sash tied around neck and hangs down over back, a family tradition/heirloom.

Personality: Very kind, easygoing guy, strong sense of right/wrong, a "sniper with morals", the kind of person who would do anything for someone he cares about, even at the cost of his own life, very optimistic, even in the face of tragedy.

Strength: When he is in his 'sniper mode', that is, when he has his sniper out, and is aiming at a long range, he almost always hits what he is shooting for.

Average: at medium ranges, when using his pistol he is a bit less accurate, about 75%.

Weakness: At close-quarter hand-to-hand point-blank range, he can't fight worth shit. 0% accuracy. The best that he can do is try to do is pistol-whip someone.

Background: He was born into a rural hidden village populated entirely by the Ei'Sona clan, a mix of various furs and humans. Everyone in the village seemed to excel at one talent or another (other than magery, it was considered an extraordinary ability by itself). His father was a mage, while his mother was the best crossbow and bows woman in the village. Ram's older sister inherited the talent for magic from their father, while Ram seemed to be the oddball of the village, seemingly average at everything.

One day Ram's sister was off exploring the woods with some friends. The Brotherhood found them, killed the friends, and dragged off Ram's sister. When Ram's family found out about this, Ram ran away from home, desperate to find his sister. Eventually he stumbled into the modern technological world, and tried to integrate himself into it. It was then that he learned that he had inherited his mother's superior accuracy abilities, but it only works for him at extraordinarily long ranges. He quickly learned about the Rebellion and the Brotherhood, and the agendas of both factions. He joined with the Rebellion, and there he got his ocular implants, customized sniper rifle, and pistol. He soon found, however, that even working with the Rebellion didn't help very much in finding his sister, as it is too hard to infiltrate the Brotherhood. Instead, he took up the position of a 'freelance' sniper, going out and taking down Brotherhood targets wherever he could, returning to the Rebellion, showing to Phoenix videos of his accomplishments, and getting his pay and any special targets from Phoenix.

lucas marcone

like dorcan said "how did you getin in our comms?" i thought they were encrypted so friggin much not even the brotherhood could break em.

Tapewolf

Quote from: lucas marcone on October 10, 2007, 09:40:27 AM
like dorcan said "how did you getin in our comms?" i thought they were encrypted so friggin much not even the brotherhood could break em.

He's a rebel, so he presumably has the codes from HQ, but he hasn't announced himself very well.  Dorcan is assuming that he's with the Brotherhood.