The Doctor is [not] busy...

Started by techmaster-glitch, May 14, 2008, 08:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Am I seeing things, or is this our very own dear Doctor Ink? Link
Everything about him certainly fits the profile;, the blond hair, the white fur, the glasses, the lab coat, the casual demeanor as he is utterly soaked in someone's red juices...

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

techmaster-glitch

The "this" is was a link. Sorry, hard to see on the purple backround. Fix'd

Sofox

Well, given I saw Turnsky talk about the page on Llearch's chat room and compare likeness...

...I have to say complete coincidence.

techmaster-glitch

I was figuring it was some sort of cameo...

Alondro

I say mind control.

Ink's a Cubi after all!   :mowmeep
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

This strip has already been mentioned for having what appeared to be the clothing of Abel and Dan for sale.  In addition to having somebody who looked like Ink, there may be other DMFA references.

By the way, linking to the home page of an online comic means that it will point to the wrong page when the next page is posted.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AmigaDragon

I actually saw that the other day but never made the connection to Dr Ink. but I see what you mean about likeness.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Naldru on May 14, 2008, 11:33:09 PM
By the way, linking to the home page of an online comic means that it will point to the wrong page when the next page is posted.
I am aware of this, but going back, and then forward in the comic still brought me to the main page. New pages must not go diretly into the archives. I'll update the link the next time Foxfire is updated, which, if this recent updated is anything to go by, will probably be well more than a week (if this thread lasts that long, that is-it probably won't :B)

RobbieThe1st

First off, http://foxfire.comicgenesis.com/d/20080512.html
That's the link you want.

Secondly, I would bet quite a bit that its a cameo, especially as I know Ink and Turnsky talk on the unofficial, and somewhat unholy chatroom all the time.

I was actually very surprised that I did not see "Dr. Ink. Copyright 2008 himself." or something like it at the bottom.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on May 15, 2008, 12:27:39 AM
-archive link-
Thank you :)

And yes, I was thinking that it is probably a cameo as well.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Let's not forget the cameo of mine: http://foxfire.comicgenesis.com/d/20070730.html

... while we're listing cameos and all. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on May 15, 2008, 12:27:39 AM
First off, http://foxfire.comicgenesis.com/d/20080512.html
That's the link you want.

Secondly, I would bet quite a bit that its a cameo, especially as I know Ink and Turnsky talk on the unofficial, and somewhat unholy chatroom all the time.

I was actually very surprised that I did not see "Dr. Ink. Copyright 2008 himself." or something like it at the bottom.

-RobbieThe1st

there is, just not on that page.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Magic

Cleaver. Cleaver. Chop. Chop.
First the mom and then the pop.
Then we'll get the pretty girl.
We'll get her right between the curl~

..yes.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on May 15, 2008, 03:45:50 AM

Is there a hidden cast page, then?   :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 15, 2008, 06:19:14 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on May 15, 2008, 03:45:50 AM

Is there a hidden cast page, then?   :3

yes, i hid it with the crew of the Mary Celeste, Jimmy Hoffa, the souls of my readers, and Tom Cruise's career.

Anri

Quote from: Ink on May 15, 2008, 03:50:46 AM

..yes.

I really have been meaning to see that movie.

Akisohida

..yes.

Ink scares foxspiders. o.o
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Alondro

Quote from: Akisohida on May 15, 2008, 01:48:10 PM

..yes.

*Charline is pleased that her mortal enemy is scared!*  Bad ol spidee.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Akisohida

Quote from: Alondro on May 15, 2008, 02:04:08 PM
Quote from: Akisohida on May 15, 2008, 01:48:10 PM

..yes.

*Charline is pleased that her mortal enemy is scared!*  Bad ol spidee.   :3

*Runs towards Charline, arms held out* Come on! I just wanna hug! :D

Neat comic, by the by.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

RyuuYareYare

yah i think its based on dmfa even more.
ferret that looks like male wildy. and a fox couple heads bigger then the 'ferret'with wings. :kirby :kirby :kirby :kirby

stiletto

Isn't Foxfire the comic that made a drastic change around to being more DMFA related when the writer for it left or something?

techmaster-glitch

All I know is that for all of the first book, it was super sci-fi, and the second (one running right now) immediately went straight to fantasy.
I can't say that's a good or bad thing, but that's all I know about the subject. I personally would like to see a return of all the sci-fi :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: stiletto on May 15, 2008, 06:51:22 PM
Isn't Foxfire the comic that made a drastic change around to being more DMFA related when the writer for it left or something?
No, the writer left after 8 pages or something, back in 2003.  The switch from SF to pure fantasy was almost exactly a year ago.

Like Techmaster, I do miss the high-tech angle of it somewhat, but that hasn't stopped me following it avidly.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 15, 2008, 03:42:35 AM
Let's not forget the cameo of mine: http://foxfire.comicgenesis.com/d/20070730.html

What are we looking for there? I do see a giant syringe up in the rafters. Stolen from Ink or left behind by him?

Magic

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 16, 2008, 01:04:24 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 15, 2008, 03:42:35 AM

What are we looking for there? I do see a giant syringe up in the rafters. Stolen from Ink or left behind by him?

Box beside dragon head.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

AmigaDragon

Does that mean that he's also making multiple cameo appearances in our storage shed? It's a box!

Raffe

Quote from: AmigaDragon on May 16, 2008, 02:19:14 AM
Does that mean that he's also making multiple cameo appearances in our storage shed? It's a box!
Not just a box, a box WITH A TAIL (dun dun dunnn).
Hooray ellipsis!

stiletto

The box that says 'Fead Ecks'?

Turnsky

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 15, 2008, 07:14:10 PM
All I know is that for all of the first book, it was super sci-fi, and the second (one running right now) immediately went straight to fantasy.
I can't say that's a good or bad thing, but that's all I know about the subject. I personally would like to see a return of all the sci-fi :)

in my defense (i know i'm not being attacked), i took a hard look at foxfire before book 2, where it was going, and where it would be.. i didn't really like what i was seeing, and it was getting too complex for my blood, i figured shifting it to a separate world would give me a LOT of freedom, and let me do whatever the hell i want with it. The science bit will return in some fashion, if only a little bit grungier.  >:3
Don't forget, Takahn and Bengahl have some knowledge of high technology.. prepare for some funky mixings.