03/23/08 [#69] - So many captions for this strip, I can't decide!

Started by techmaster-glitch, March 22, 2008, 11:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

So, he refused her order. I can say with almost certainty that this is going to bite him back, sooner or later. He also apparently figured out why she wanted a celeste (though we haven't), and doesn't like it.

So, who did he pick? I've checked, and there are only four options left; Zodiac, London, Crosshairs, and Spiral. Since he said 'you with the funny eyes', I'm pretty sure he picked either Crosshairs or Spiral. Of the two, I'm going to bet Spiral.
OH. Just re-checked, he said 'boy', so it's almost certainly Crosshairs!

Jigsaw Forte

Two quick things:

• It's #69. #68 was the bonus comic, and for some reason I can't edit your post myself to reflect this.
  • 12 folks left to pick - three already picked - four more insulted = still more than four left. :P

Tapewolf

What was he saying about mutiny?

Also, I'm not sure it's quite as simple as that, since ultimately it's going to be the program controller who displays the match, at least as far as the broadcast is concerned.

Which brings up another point - are they actually live at the moment, or is this simply going to be edited out?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on March 23, 2008, 11:08:58 AM
12 folks left to pick - three already picked - four more insulted = still more than four left. :P
Oh yeah, Qin Xu. Forgot about that guy, he just looks so...plain. And ordinary.
Either way, definitely not a candidate for the 'funny eyes' comment.

stiletto

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 22, 2008, 11:19:48 PM
So, he refused her order. I can say with almost certainty that this is going to bite him back, sooner or later. He also apparently figured out why she wanted a celeste (though we haven't), and doesn't like it.

So, who did he pick? I've checked, and there are only four options left; Zodiac, London, Crosshairs, and Spiral. Since he said 'you with the funny eyes', I'm pretty sure he picked either Crosshairs or Spiral. Of the two, I'm going to bet Spiral.
OH. Just re-checked, he said 'boy', so it's almost certainly Crosshairs!

Considering what White has done and the enemies he's got from that... he's probably not too concerned about picking up a few more.

And Crosshairs is a girl, just to let you know.

techmaster-glitch

llearch n'n'daCorna

Limiting it to guys, your choices are:
'Zodiac' Copper Miles
London Flood
Kurt Striaeta, aka 'Geisha'
Xanatos Wylde
Qin Xu

And possibly Spiral Black, although that feline looks female to me. Jason and Silk both won their respective divisions, Slick has already been tagged as a lieutenant, and the rest (HRH Adharia, 'Crosshairs' Charity Drizel, CG-86, Jigsaw, Alice, and Daisy) are female.

Of those, Geisha and Xanatos have already been counted out, and Qin has fairly normal eyes, I would have thought. From the two left, it's a coin toss, really.

Unless, of course, he's pointing at a girl and merely -saying- boy. In which case, my bet is still on London Flood, as Spiral would have been called "Three-eyes"...

... and all of this is a nice neat huge layer of logical planning which is going to turn out totally incorrect, of course. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

stiletto

My guess on it is Qin, since being a vampire he has the same hidden Djinn eyes that Jig does. White seems to be fairly knowledgeable about his fellow convicts (as he's made a few references to what they did and their capabilities) so he'd probably know Qin's a vampire.

My two cents.

Fuyudenki

Ooooo, a Screw Destiny move.

I really like White Noise, suddenly.

Personally, I'd most like to see it be Spiral Black.  She(I think that's a she) looks interesting, but if Qin's a vampire(when did we find out Qin's a vampire), then I'd bet money on him.

Jiggy seems to like vampires.

stiletto

QuoteAnd as for Qin, we've known about him for some time, you just have to read into the comic a bit more. Someone probably would've pointed it out if we have MORE posters *coughcough*. But he's a vampire; we're told this early on, since we know there's two Dead Insides, and vampires are the only ones that don't show signs of it, particularly the eyes. As also explained, vampirism (sp?) has only been seen in humans, and Qin is the only other human in the cast. It's like one of those logic games.

And I don't know about Jig liking vampires. She still doesn't really know she is one yet.

techmaster-glitch

Fuyudenki

Quote from: stiletto on March 24, 2008, 12:20:30 AM
And as for Qin, we've known about him for some time, you just have to read into the comic a bit more. Someone probably would've pointed it out if we have MORE posters *coughcough*. But he's a vampire; we're told this early on, since we know there's two Dead Insides, and vampires are the only ones that don't show signs of it, particularly the eyes. As also explained, vampirism (sp?) has only been seen in humans, and Qin is the only other human in the cast. It's like one of those logic games.
Ah.  Gotcha.

And yes, I mean Jigsaw the artist and Clockwork Mansion message board member, not Jigsaw the vampire talmi.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Volfram on March 23, 2008, 09:25:51 PM
Jiggy seems to like vampires.

More like "It's somewhat wrong to make a big deal about Jigsaw being a nonhuman vampire without at least one human  vampire for comparison." Sorta the way you can't truly appreciate something new without understanding how it's a step up from its predecessor. Since no self-respecting random vampire would try to reveal herself to an unknown entity that happens to give off a vampire's sigil, having someone who is already revealed as a vampire is the next best option.

(and yes, this implies that Jigsaw has a few advantages over other Vampires beyond escaping crude detection measures. What those advantages are will have to wait until we get to a relevant plot point.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

She's got a concussion from Arikos. That's a starting point, surely? ;-]

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 24, 2008, 05:23:00 AM
She's got a concussion from Arikos. That's a starting point, surely? ;-]

Think more along the lines of "Fur hides what ordinary skin does not". She may still be alive and functional, but she's far from being a healthy, well-fed vampire right now.

This kinda goes hand-in-hand with evading detection, as not giving off the usual pallor of death is certainly handy, but it's still an additional skill most human vampires don't have unless they were tan to begin with (or otherwise have gotten really good at faking).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ssshhh!

Logical, and well thought out, but don't let -them- know that, ok? Otherwise they'll figure out what you're up to...

*grin*

Fuyudenki

Ooo, so Qin used to be a bald, black man?(I'm joking.)

This makes me wonder if Jigsaw's fur falls out more than a healthy Talmi's should.  Is that one sign of skin afflictions in furred creatures?  At very least, I take this to mean she doesn't want to be shaving any time soon.