03/02/08 [Abel 2 #8] - Speechless

Started by Rafe, March 02, 2008, 01:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on March 02, 2008, 08:34:43 PM
Also, we now know that Cubi CAN have their headwings severed without it killing them.

... Immediately, at least.
I wouldn't go that far, myself.

After all, Fa'Lina is -pissed-...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Amber on Dmoon's computer:  what I am more wondering is where the notion that severing ones headwings could kill a Cubi even started.  Sort of like how some people had a notion that if you removed a Fae's headgem it would weaken/kill them.

They're not videogame opponents peeps. You can't hit the flashing weak spot for double damage.  In the case of the Cubi headwings, granted it would hurt something fierce...but so would having any of your limbs  ripped off. The headwings are at least small so they would likely be the lesser ouch than the backwings.

The only risk of dying from losing ones headwings would be via blood-loss...and any Cubi worth their salt knows how to self cauterize their injuries ASAP to prevent that.  They'd grow back soon enough.

Really it's more a power issue. If someone has the ability to rip off ones headwings, they are obviously in control.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

meany

Nothing perks up a weekend like violence.
Quote from: Alondro on March 02, 2008, 05:41:08 PM
*Charline is angry!*  He ruined the children's hospital!  Now it's going to be harder to get enough tasty children in the same place!   >:3
Isn't that why they invented orphanages?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber on March 02, 2008, 10:01:30 PM
They're not videogame opponents peeps. You can't hit the flashing weak spot for double damage.  In the case of the Cubi headwings, granted it would hurt something fierce...but so would having any of your limbs  ripped off. The headwings are at least small so they would likely be the lesser ouch than the backwings.

Which is about what I expected. ;-]

Although with real opponents you -can- hit the flashing weak spot. Well, if they're wearing a trenchcoat and open it for you...

Quote from: Amber on March 02, 2008, 10:01:30 PM
The only risk of dying from losing ones headwings would be via blood-loss...and any Cubi worth their salt knows how to self cauterize their injuries ASAP to prevent that.  They'd grow back soon enough.

That was also what I had in mind. I think. Although any excuse to muddy the waters... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Darkmoon on March 02, 2008, 10:01:30 PM
What I am more wondering is where the notion that severing ones headwings could kill a Cubi even started.  Sort of like how some people had a notion that if you removed a Fae's headgem it would weaken/kill them.

Actually, I think a lot of it comes from the Demonology:
It is unsure if they are simply decoration or actually do anything(no Cubi would dare let them get cut off alive).  A fairly logical leap from this statement is that getting them cut off would be fatal.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kuari

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 03, 2008, 05:05:31 AM
Quote from: Darkmoon on March 02, 2008, 10:01:30 PM
What I am more wondering is where the notion that severing ones headwings could kill a Cubi even started.  Sort of like how some people had a notion that if you removed a Fae's headgem it would weaken/kill them.

Actually, I think a lot of it comes from the Demonology:
It is unsure if they are simply decoration or actually do anything(no Cubi would dare let them get cut off alive).  A fairly logical leap from this statement is that getting them cut off would be fatal.

My impression from that is its more of a pride thing.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Kuari on March 03, 2008, 05:10:19 AM

Amber from Dmoons computer:  Indeed.  Cubi are generally vain...and quite a few are vain about being Cubi. So snikting off something that pretty much defines who they are is considered a big deal.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Darkmoon on March 03, 2008, 05:59:50 AM
Quote from: Kuari on March 03, 2008, 05:10:19 AM

Amber from Dmoons computer:  Indeed.  Cubi are generally vain...and quite a few are vain about being Cubi. So snikting off something that pretty much defines who they are is considered a big deal.

Another aspect is the notion that the headwings are somehow involved with collecting emotional energy, like antennae.  This makes some sense intuitively, except that Dan (and Abel) were apparently receiving energy that way before the headwings appeared.

Personally I was sitting on the fence as to how important they are, but these are a couple of reasons why people might think they're vital.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Omega

Just a guess, but I think the head wings as the headfigure of a Mercedes. Without it, it's just an expensive German car.

In other words, and I'm just really guessing, it has no use, but if you lose it, it's a serious sign of weakness.

Alondro

Quote from: meany on March 02, 2008, 10:44:21 PM
*Charline is angry!*  He ruined the children's hospital!  Now it's going to be harder to get enough tasty children in the same place!   >:3

*Charline shakes her head*  They're already on to me.  I think what gave me away was asking what the kids' USDA grade was.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

I wonder if Charline knows Richard?

Sunblink

Quote from: Alondro on March 03, 2008, 03:18:44 PM
Quote from: meany on March 02, 2008, 10:44:21 PM
*Charline is angry!*  He ruined the children's hospital!  Now it's going to be harder to get enough tasty children in the same place!   >:3

*Charline shakes her head*  They're already on to me.  I think what gave me away was asking what the kids' USDA grade was.   >:3

Charline's reminding me of a line in the webcomic "Looking For Group," now. XD

"I'm surprised you have the nerve to return, warlock."
"Yeah, I'm real ballsy."
"The townsfolk around here aren't too happy with you. Especially after your last visit."
"Listen, like I told your captain, that orphanage attacked me."

~Keaton the Black Jackal

pyrohamster

*Charline is angry!*  He ruined the children's hospital!  Now it's going to be harder to get enough tasty children in the same place!   >:3
yaaaaa Charline is ebil again......... OMG run away!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: pyrohamster on March 03, 2008, 06:49:37 PM
yaaaaa Charline is ebil again......... OMG run away!
Oh yeah, Amber turned Charline into a goddess of good and fluffy, didn't she? Has it worn off now?

meany

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 03, 2008, 07:23:52 PM
Oh yeah, Amber turned Charline into a goddess of good and fluffy, didn't she? Has it worn off now?
The word 'yes' lacks the proper amount of syllables to properly describe the answer to your question.

Alondro

*Charles explainiates* Amber's goodness transformation backfired.

You see, for a while good-and-fluffy Charline was knitting doilies and maing scones...

But then she started a mail-order business... which quickly became an Ebay store... which quickly cornered the market on doilies and scones... which turned into a gigantic multinational corporation with Charline as CEO...

And thus, she became evil once more.   :3

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on March 04, 2008, 09:12:57 AM
*Charles explainiates* Amber's goodness transformation backfired.

You see, for a while good-and-fluffy Charline was knitting doilies and maing scones...

But then she started a mail-order business... which quickly became an Ebay store... which quickly cornered the market on doilies and scones... which turned into a gigantic multinational corporation with Charline as CEO...

And thus, she became evil once more.   :3

Becoming a CEO of a gigantic multinational corporation probably made her even more ebil than she used to be. She is now, like, Super Ebil, or, maybe, Ascended Ebil. Or Apotheosized Ebil!

meany

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 04, 2008, 10:04:45 AM
Becoming a CEO of a gigantic multinational corporation probably made her even more ebil than she used to be. She is now, like, Super Ebil, or, maybe, Ascended Ebil. Or Apotheosized Ebil!

Ascended and Apotheosized ebil might be a bit over doing it Ren, as a do-gooder you know a law degree is required for those.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: meany on March 04, 2008, 11:18:08 AM
Ascended and Apotheosized ebil might be a bit over doing it Ren, as a do-gooder you know a law degree is required for those.

I do not know if Charline has or has not a law degree. This is why I said there is only a possibility that she is Ascended or Apotheosized Ebil now.

meany

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 04, 2008, 11:26:23 AM
I do not know if Charline has or has not a law degree. This is why I said there is only a possibility that she is Ascended or Apotheosized Ebil now.
:footinmouth

AndersW

Quote from: meany on March 04, 2008, 11:45:11 AM
:footinmouth

Where did you get that smiley?

Alondro

Quote from: meany on March 04, 2008, 11:18:08 AM

*Charles hmms*  I don't think she has a law degree technically.  But she did invent law school...

*Charline*   >:3

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on March 04, 2008, 06:34:47 PM
*Charles hmms*  I don't think she has a law degree technically.  But she did invent law school...

*Charline*   >:3

I did not know that...

Well, in this case, I know what her level of Ebil is: Charline is the Perfect form of Ebil - Ultimate Ebil Omega Z! :B

I think it sounds like something out of DBZ... :paranoid

Alondro

Quick!  What's Charline's Ebil Power Level?!

*Alondro reads the scouter and gasps!*  IT'S OVER 9,000!!!   D:

Oh come on, I couldn't resist such an obvious cliche!   :B

Pagan

oh... i'm not sure whether to continue laughing or die from that one... bad cliche, kill it with fire!
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

kaskar

Quote from: Pagan on March 05, 2008, 12:56:36 AM
oh... i'm not sure whether to continue laughing or die from that one... bad cliche, kill it with fire!

8) But, if it moves, do you not bash it until it stops ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Aleolus

Ouch, no wonder Fa'lina was angry!  I'm also glad that Aniz can't talk, so she can calm down for a minute before he tries to figure out what the hell she's talking about.  Because I know that Aniz isn't that dumb to mess up something she obviously was very worried about intentionally!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on March 05, 2008, 12:25:14 AM
Quick!  What's Charline's Ebil Power Level?!

*Alondro reads the scouter and gasps!*  IT'S OVER 9,000!!!   D:

Oh come on, I couldn't resist such an obvious cliche!   :B

This cliche joke was repeated over nine thousand times!! Yet people can't resist doing it again and again! This is madness!! :U

Alondro

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 05, 2008, 03:34:23 PM

This cliche joke was repeated over nine thousand times!! Yet people can't resist doing it again and again! This is madness!! :U

Nooooo...

THIS is Madness:  Lots-O-Death

See the difference?

*Beware!  Shows GRAPHIC death of hundreds of geometrically-designed faceless characters!*   :U

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on March 05, 2008, 05:21:36 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 05, 2008, 03:34:23 PM

Nooooo...

THIS is Madness:  Lots-O-Death

See the difference?

*Beware!  Shows GRAPHIC death of hundreds of geometrically-designed faceless characters!*   :U

I have not expected that... Well played, Alondro. Well played.

Also, I have seen it all before. But have you seen this?

*Warning! Contains equally graphic deaths of dozens of antro-rabbits with guns!*