[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 11, 2008, 04:42:50 AM
Quote from: Schizo on July 10, 2008, 10:29:15 PM
But seriously,all of these are very good,  I envy your armor and mech drawing skills.
As do I.  Armour and clothing he's particularly good at.
Galatea does look kind of cute, though it's rather interesting that she has the same kind of wings as Aiden.

(Now I'll probably have to wait for 3 weeks for a reply to that  :rolleyes)
No, I have not left yet (though I will leave in an hour or so). :3 Thanks. Both her and Aiden's wings are formed by their energy aura, but while they look similar Teah and Aiden have nothing in common.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 11, 2008, 04:55:15 AM
Both her and Aiden's wings are formed by their energy aura, but while they look similar Teah and Aiden have nothing in common.
Ah, I wondered if they were both the same race or something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 11, 2008, 04:57:17 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 11, 2008, 04:55:15 AM
Both her and Aiden's wings are formed by their energy aura, but while they look similar Teah and Aiden have nothing in common.
Ah, I wondered if they were both the same race or something.
No. Aiden was just a Being before being transformed into a sort of an R-Core Evoluder, while Galateah is an artificial life form created from the genetic material of the Makers, so she might be the only representative of her race in the entire Universe (and she is fully aware of that, but still hopes to find the other Makers).

Ren Gaulen

Now that I have returned I will continue posting artwork of characters and mechs for my comic project. This time it is the remaining two generals of the Dark Riders: Reiji Hassan and Ysanne Corta.
Reiji is a mysterious and fearsome person. He used to be one of the members of the Eye of Michael (one of the commanders, in fact), but when the Dark Golem army started to attack Millia, he was among the first ones to join the Dark Riders. Why did he turn against his own people is unknown, but under his command Dark Golem forces nearly crushed Millian Robot Army. When Master Arctic and his squad turned the tide of war, Reiji and Master Arctic became usual opponents, until Reiji was defeated during the Battle of the Crimson Crescent. Now he has returned. It seems that Reiji lives only to wage war. Anyway, he wishes to face Master Arctic in battle once again. By the way, Reiji was Aiden's and Ysanne's teacher, just like Master Arctic was Joshua's.
Ysanne was originally one of the Eye of Michael's agents, but when Reiji betrayed the Order she followed him. A child of a Demon and a mortal, she never knew her real parents. Reiji brought her up as his own daughter, but he also made her into a perfect killer who would follow any of his orders. Ysanne has no personal interests in this war, and lives only for Reiji and his cause.

Jairus

Ooh... nice outfits on those two. And this stuff is getting really interesting. I can't wait to see some more!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Next time it will be the turn for the good guys. I have drawn five first villains (not counting Arnax of Lord Xan's Praetorians), so now I have to draw their five counterparts from the heroic corner (I should have done it vice versa.. :sweatdrop).

Tapewolf

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 20, 2008, 02:54:35 PM
Cool.  What kind of canid is Ysanne?
She is supposed to be a collie. Actually she is more of a "generic" canid, just like Ren, Zig or Reiji are "generic" felines.

Ren Gaulen

And now it is time for the good guys to appear (at last :3). I'll start off with Kristofer Aussman, who seems to have been a bit neglected so far (he did not even get his mech drawn yet), and Master Arctic, whom I mentioned a few times before.
Kristofer was a scientist who has been researching G-Stones for quite a while when the war broke out. Joining forces with Kaiko Saotome (and some other scientists and engineers) he created the Millian Robot Army which have defeated the forces of the Dark Riders. Or so it seemed. Kris wanted to return to his peaceful life, but the Dark Riders came back, more powerful than before. The Emergency Defence Committee has formed a task force to repel the new invasion - the G.S. Brigade, and Kris was made its commander - against his will. However, the rest of the entire planet, of his people rests in his hands, and Kris has no other choice but to lead his fellows against the forces of the Dark Riders.
Master Arctic, the Undefeated of the North (real name classified), was one of the leaders of the Eye of Michael's branch on Millia, but when the war broke out, he left the Order to lead the soldiers of Millia into battle against the Dark Golem forces (soon the entire Order joined him on the battlefield, though - except for the traitors, of course). Being the greatest commander of the Millian Robot Army, Master Arctic and his squadron almost single-handedly defeated the Dark Golem forces, their fines hour being the Battle of the Crimson Crescent, where the entire squadron sacrificed their lives to stop the humongous Giga-Golem, with Master Arctic finally taking out the monstrous machine. Though he seemed to die in the explosion, his body was never found. Now, when the shadows gather over Millia once again, Master Arctic has reappeared with a brand new mech (which he claims to have built himself from scraps in a cave), ready to protect his home world again.

Jairus

Gee, I can't imagine who Master Arctic is based off of. :rolleyes

Seriously, damn. Those are some great designs. I wish I could draw like that.

Ren Gaulen

By the way, Millian military uniform is supposed to be based off Atreides uniform from David Lynch's "Dune". And Master Arctic really is based from another Master, but his role in the story will be a bit different. He will still kick almost as much ass, though. >:3

Jairus

Out of curiosity, about how long does it take you to draw one of these guys? It only took you a few hours to draw Dr. Jyrras here, *points left* so it's something I've kind of wanted to ask you since I started looking at your things here.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on July 21, 2008, 10:11:20 AM
Out of curiosity, about how long does it take you to draw one of these guys? It only took you a few hours to draw Dr. Jyrras here, *points left* so it's something I've kind of wanted to ask you since I started looking at your things here.
It's always different. Sometimes I manage to draw a picture like those above in less than an hour, sometimes I get distracted and it takes me much longer. Sometimes I just can't decide what exactly to draw.

Ren Gaulen

And now it is time for the main three pilots of the G.S. Brigade to appear: Joshua, Keaton and Ren!
Joshua was just an ordinary citizen of Millia before the war. When Dark Golems started to descend from the sky, Joshua was conscripted into the military service along with many other young men. Unfortunately, Millian weapons were inadequate at that time, and their losses were colossal. Joshua was mortaly wounded during one of the battles. Even though Millian medicine could save him, he would have been crippled for the rest of his life. But the fate had something different in store for Josh, as he was sent to professor Aussman, who has just started working on new weapon systems to fight Dark Golems. He converted Joshua into a cyborg with a G-Stone for a power source. Around the same time the Robot Army was created, and Joshua became one of the pilots, and a member of Master Arctic's squadron. During the Battle of the Crimson Crescent all of the squadron was wiped out, and Joshua was the only survivor. He was transferred into the G-Stone itself, or rather into the quasi-space created by all G-Stones in existence, and returned from there as an Evoluder. Later he single-handedly destroyed the core of the Dark Golem forces, thus making the Dark Riders defeat inevitable. When the war was finally won, Joshua started to work with professor Aussman, helping him with the construction of Gar-Mac. And now, as the Dark Riders threaten the world of Millia once again, Joshua is ready to fight them and stop them once and for all. But he does not know that the fate of not only Millia, or even the worlds of the White Planet is at stake. Should he and the G.S. Brigade fall, the whole universe will be at Lord Xanzanko's mercy.
Katherine, an agent of the Eye of Michael, was born on the White Planet rather than on Millia, but escaped there with her sister, Lianna, when her clan was destroyed during one of the Clan Wars dating back to the Nijoran Era. However, the Dark Rider invasion has taken away what little Keaton had left. Even Keaton's only close friends, Siegfried and Kaiko, were killed by the Dark Riders. However, when Keaton joined the newly formed G.S. Brigade, a new hope appeared in her life. As a warrior of the Eye of Michael she had sworn to protect the people of Millia with her life, but above anything else she wishes to protect her friends. But not only Zig and Kaiko were ressurected by Lord Xanzanko and made into his Generals and G.S. Brigade's enemies, but one of Xan's Praetoians, Telos, is very interested in Keaton too for some reason.
Ren, an average Demon, became a robot pilot during the Moon War. While he did not do anything outstanding like Joshua, he still participated in every major battle before the Battle of the Crimson Crescent, becoming acknowledged as one of the best pilots of the Moon War. Later he started to work for professor Aussman as one of his test-pilots. He also have undergone some genetic modifications to be able to match the power of an Evoluder. Ren and Josh became rivals for a while, with the former constantly playing pranks on the latter, and it was not unusual to see them fighting in the corridors of the base or on the drill-square. When the Dark Riders returned and the G.S. Brigade was formed, they became team-mates, with Keaton joining them a bit later, when Kristofer built Anubis for her.

Tapewolf

Jairus

Ooh, I like Keaton's jacket. And a character named after you who doesn't seem to be a Marty Stu? HERESY! In all seriousness, this is looking really cool.

Zedd

Tapewolf

I think that's the first time I've seen Ren in a good mood.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 21, 2008, 02:31:35 PM
I think that's the first time I've seen Ren in a good mood.

That's probably my fault for messing with his avatar... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 21, 2008, 12:28:17 PM
Keaton... among the forces of good?  Heresy!

I know, I'm surprised about this too! :U

Actually, after seeing The Dark Knight I started to want her to become a vigilante of justice, but then I realized that was just the hallucinogens from having all of my cinematic dreams come true infecting my mind.

Ren. GIVE ME YOUR CLOTHING DESIGNING-ABILITIES. Your outfits are wonderful. I still adore how you draw Keaton, and furthermore how you just draw in general. I love how she looks just like a jackal. ;-; It's definitely the ears. There's just something about how you draw her which makes her look so sharp and akin to a jackal in general, whereas I just make her look like an nondescript canine. I love her eyepatch, too. Everyone else looks fantastic too - Joshua actually appears rather heroic in that picture. It's a little surprising given he's more of a "victim of circumstance" in FH, though I've probably used the wrong phrase. I like Ren's design, too. Great expression on his face.

*hoards all of Ren's art*

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Thanks everyone. :3 I have decided to draw something unrelated to my comic project for a change. And once again I draw Ren, this time his "Shades of Grey" version. And not just Ren, but Ren transformed into his Daemon form.
Due to symbiotic Swarm daemons implanted into Ren's body by Azriel he can now transform into a Hell Knight. However, Azriel failed to complete Ren's conversion, so he did not loose his free will to Azriel's master, Mephistopheles. However, it led to Ren also often loosing control of his actions when he transformed. In such situations his actions were dictated by his own basic instincts and daemon's "combat programming", which often led to very.. messy results (a "bloodbath" would be a good description). Originally Ren could not even control the transformation itself, and it happened whenever he was emotionally distressed (especially when he was angered - like Hulk, I guess :3), or when he was badly hurt. Later Ren learned to launch transformation at will and even converted his daemon form into a powerful weapon, but angel Tanaris explained him that the longer he remained in his daemon form, the harder it was to change back, and Ren could even completely turn into a daemon. If that was to happen Hell would claim him as one of its own. However, Tanaris have found a way to prevent it from ever happening by turning Ren into an angel/daemon hybrid (I'll draw Ren's Angel form later - trust me, it's rather scary too >:3). However, his Daemon form still was his primary transformation, and whenever Ren got badly damaged he still automatically transformed into the Hell Knight. Even now he has troubles with controlling himself in his daemon form.
As a Hell Knight Ren is much more powerful than just his Awakened self. He can heal any wound almost instantly, and will come back together even if blown apart. The wings can be completely or partially retracted; in latter case they become a sort of an additional pair of arms. Ren can grow sharp blades from his elbows and wrists, and he has photon cannons in his palms. The red orb in his chest can create such a powerful photon blast that it can burn through a city block in a matter of seconds. Ren can move extremely fast both on ground and in air, and he is capable of short-range teleportation. Horns on his head (there are four of them - two right above his ears, and two a bit higher) work as a sensor array.
It is necessary to mention that not all Hell Knights look similarly to Ren. Ren's daemon form is based on a Knight of Mephistopheles's basic form, but regular Knights of Mephistopheles look much more robotic, like all of the daemons of Mephistopheles.

Jairus

... And now I'm scared of your demon form.

Zedd

Quote from: Jairus on July 21, 2008, 09:40:41 PM

There be worse fates out there my dear roorat boy...

And awesome pic of the demon within dear Ren

schizo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Oa5KAqW4fws&feature=related

I was listening to this when i first saw that picture of ren's Daemon form.
I thought it fit pretty will.

Jairus

Quote from: Schizo on July 21, 2008, 11:52:35 PM

Either that, or One-Winged Angel, certainly. And I know that Ren isn't evil and that OWA is considered the hall-mark of evil, but that form is creepy enough (and the loss of control as well) to warrant the song.

schizo

Quote from: Jairus on July 21, 2008, 11:57:39 PM

Either that, or One-Winged Angel, certainly. And I know that Ren isn't evil and that OWA is considered the hall-mark of evil, but that form is creepy enough (and the loss of control as well) to warrant the song.

Wow im a friggin' retard,did not even think of that song.
Another that comes to mind is the final boss music of R-type final,very calm and eerie.

Tapewolf

The third eye is a little overkill IMHO, but apart from that Daemon-Ren is pretty cool.

Sunblink

Oh wow, that is awesome. Great design and artwork, Ren!  :boogie The wings and the expression are really impressive, but then again, the whole appearance of the demon is just fantastic due to the excellent, sinister design. Ren's body markings are pretty cool too - I'm going to assume that they changed with the rest of his form, since he didn't have some of those in his original design.

Ironically, I was listening to The Dark Knight soundtrack when I first saw this picture. Specifically, the track "And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad."

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ren Gaulen

Thanks everyone. Your words make me happy. :3

..Repeat after me: "By becoming one with the daemon I no longer fear the daemon."

Daemon Ren's theme song should be "Down With the Sickness" by Disturbed, actually. :3 Though I will probably have to draw him in his "berserker mode" to prove it.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 22, 2008, 11:53:19 AM
Ren's body markings are pretty cool too - I'm going to assume that they changed with the rest of his form, since he didn't have some of those in his original design.
Yes, his usual markings transform too when he transforms into his daemon form.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on July 22, 2008, 12:17:00 PM
..Repeat after me: "By becoming one with the daemon I no longer fear the daemon."

"By becoming one with the daemon I no longer fear the daemon."
Hm... become one with the darkness, and lose your fear of it. I like the sound of it.

Daemon Ren's theme song should be "Down With the Sickness" by Disturbed, actually. :3 Though I will probably have to draw him in his "berserker mode" to prove it.

Well, that song certainly sounds different when Weird Al does a polka version of it. That's actually got a nice sound... I may need to add that to my music collection. And that does make sense for your character, especially with the Akira scenes mixed in.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on July 22, 2008, 11:53:19 AM
Ren's body markings are pretty cool too - I'm going to assume that they changed with the rest of his form, since he didn't have some of those in his original design.
Yes, his usual markings transform too when he transforms into his daemon form.

I know he's your character and all, but wouldn't it make a little sense if at least some of his body markings carried over from one form to the other. As it is, the completely different markings kind of suggest that two entities are at work here, rather than one entity with two sides. That sounds kind of weird.