02/10/08 [Abel 2 #6] - Now, about that clan...

Started by VSMIT, February 10, 2008, 03:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2008, 01:21:44 PM
Quote from: e_voyager on February 10, 2008, 01:14:56 PM
good grief i hope not.
Well, I can only imagine that she removed/shed it herself if it is.  Someone plucking her without consent is almost unthinkable.

Ohh who knows it could be something of a school legend

"dare you to pluck one of the head mistress's feather"

something along the lines of a school prank

I could see the offender reciving a scolding, maybe even a vicous beathing but they would survive

Tapewolf

Quote from: thegayhare on February 10, 2008, 02:49:31 PM
Ohh who knows it could be something of a school legend
"dare you to pluck one of the head mistress's feather"

Indeed, although as Tezkat points out, it's not quite the right colour.  Anyway, if it was, Abel himself - once adopted by Fa'Lina - is one of the few people I could see doing it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cogidubnus

It just occurred to me who is likely to be giving Abel his vaccinations.

>:3

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 10, 2008, 04:28:47 PM
It just occurred to me who is likely to be giving Abel his vaccinations.

>:3

Yeah! Can't wait to see the good docktor once again! However, that would make Abel's traumatic experience even more traumatic...

Quote from: Alondro on February 10, 2008, 06:34:49 PM
Majin Fo angry!  Majin Fo eat you now!

:giggle

Will majin Fo turn into the likeness of Aniz after absorbing him?

!KCA

Amber did say that there were clans that spread mainly by turning beings. She also said that turning even a willing adult is more problematic than turning a child. Draw your own conclusions.

P.S.: I know why Aniz killed Hennya.

Naldru

Quote from: !KCA on February 11, 2008, 09:28:02 AM
Amber did say that there were clans that spread mainly by turning beings. She also said that turning even a willing adult is more problematic than turning a child. Draw your own conclusions.

P.S.: I know why Aniz killed Hennya.
If you are referring to the fact that he was copying Hennya's lethal feelings, I think that that has been mentioned before.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Dracora

As for turning beings, I wonder what goes into the process of it... *speculates*

Also, another thing I'm wondering is how exactly are warp-aci named? Maybe its only warp-aci summoned by Fa'lina that have one syllable names that start with F for whatever reason.

Tezkat

Quote from: Dracora on February 11, 2008, 10:05:28 PM
As for turning beings, I wonder what goes into the process of it... *speculates*

Sadistic doctors with large needles? >:] Not that that's strictly canon...

Also, another thing I'm wondering is how exactly are warp-aci named? Maybe its only warp-aci summoned by Fa'lina that have one syllable names that start with F for whatever reason.

Warp-Aci can have whatever names their summoners give them. We saw one named Nutmeg at SAIA. Maybe Fa'Lina's just a Jack and the Beanstock fan. :3
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Quote from: Dracora on February 11, 2008, 10:05:28 PM

Wouldn't that naming scheme become rather problematic after a short while though? I mean, there are only so many vowels in the alphabet and Terry Pratchett already showed how nasty things can get if one runs out of theme names...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Naldru

Quote from: thegayhare on February 12, 2008, 10:02:07 AM
I think he means Cheery Littlebottom
I always had the feeling that that meant something slightly more specific in British slang than it does in American slang.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Not quite.

Divide the word up into three parts, and you get, effectively, happy short-arse...

... which fits in with Happy, Dopey, Grumpy, etc...

thegayhare

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 12, 2008, 02:39:59 PM
Not quite.

Divide the word up into three parts, and you get, effectively, happy short-arse...

... which fits in with Happy, Dopey, Grumpy, etc...

He could mean Beastiality Carter

Amber Williams

The Que'tnar is a case of a clan having two vastly different emotions that give them the most power.  Many clans have emotional affinities that mesh well together...however some have two emotions that are polar opposites.  In the Que'tnar clans case...those emotions are despair and gratitude.

The more moralistic members of this clan have found that working in child services, where they specialize in removing children from broken homes into the arms of loving parents, can often be rewarding since it gives them access to both sides.

However the majority just bypass the law and prefer to work blackmarket...targeting a naive and usually young being and snatching the infant from them....only to give it to a family who has been desperately wanting a child.  In both cases, the clan takes a very hypocritical moral standard and tends to view being children and infants as simply a means to entice emotions from adults.

Partially because of this, they often leave their own children in the care of nannies and other clans and tend to be distant without much interest in their own offspring outside of their general health.  For them, children are simply a necessity that must be had.

Gamma

Yikes,
Their actual motives are a bit creepier then I would have imagined.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

VSMIT

Dangit Amber!
Speculation is so much better than the truth! >:O

Ryan_Galen

Quote from: VSMIT on February 12, 2008, 07:32:35 PM
Dangit Amber!
Speculation is so much better than the truth! >:O

I don't know. In this case the truth seems pretty interesting. Besides, last I checked Amber didn't like speculation for some reason.

Mind you, last time I checked was over a year ago on the Nice forum. And it certainly doesn't mean we shouldn't speculate. After all, speculation is over half the fun of talking on a forum.

llearch n'n'daCorna

She doesn't like RAMPANT speculation.

Speculating is all well and good. Going completely fanboi over it and massively explaining your huge, involved idea of why the third character in the background of panel 7 of strip 327 is related to the character in the background of panel 3 of strip 814, and how your theory of their entire history works out... is probably going a bit too far. ;-]

Keep it within reasonable bounds, and you probably won't even hear her whining about how bad her art is... ;-]

pyrohamster

im just waiting for this to happen to someones brain: :microwave

Darkdragon

So in theory, a clan can have any two emotions as their emotional affinity? Interesting.

What now strikes me is that Aaryanna filled out all this to get Dan into SAIA...

!KCA

Quote from: Naldru on February 11, 2008, 11:42:24 AMIf you are referring to the fact that he was copying Hennya's lethal feelings, I think that that has been mentioned before.
I checked and it wasn't mentioned in any of the posts concerning Abel #94-99. Perhaps later?

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 12, 2008, 10:04:17 PM
She doesn't like RAMPANT speculation.

Speculating is all well and good. Going completely fanboi over it and massively explaining your huge, involved idea of why the third character in the background of panel 7 of strip 327 is related to the character in the background of panel 3 of strip 814, and how your theory of their entire history works out... is probably going a bit too far. ;-]

Keep it within reasonable bounds, and you probably won't even hear her whining about how bad her art is... ;-]
I'm not entirely sure if that applies to my theory that Dan might be Abel's great-grandfather.

EDIT: How many emotions can a clan have an affinity to? (Individual cubi seem to have a broad scope, if Dan is any indication.)

WhiteFox

Man, I liked the comic better without the explanation. It's better when stuff is left to the imagination.

Way to go, guys.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...