Favorite characters thread!

Started by Hermie, December 14, 2007, 02:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hermie

(After 3 pages of scanning and not finding a thread, and not sure about how you guys like necroposting, I decided to start this. ^^ )

When I started reading, I found that Jyrass and Wildy stood out to me.

Jyrass is just SO KYOOT. It's adorable how he just develops random crushes. Reminds me of a friend on anoter site..

And Wildy is pure win. I love how she's all "If guys can do it, so can I!!" The world needs more girls like that.

Dannysaysnoo

i really like...well...i just love 'em all.

Amber Williams

Helpful reminder to all people.

Jyrras has an ass...but it isn't in his name.

Kuari

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 14, 2007, 02:21:40 PM
Helpful reminder to all people.

Jyrras has an ass...but it isn't in his name.

LOL!!!

Hmm...  my favorite would probably have to be Wildy actually...  She definately an interesting type when she's not out to kill everyone, heh...  though is it me or does she have wings in her very first appearance?

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_002.php

but lacks them shortly afterwards

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_006.php

Not to mention apparently the name spelling changed..

*watches Amber have a seizure from old art*

Kenji

I wants more Deebs. :< And Albanion. And Deebs meeting Albanion.
And a pony. I want a pony. D:

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Kuari on December 14, 2007, 02:55:57 PM

LOL!!!

Hmm...  my favorite would probably have to be Wildy actually...  She definately an interesting type when she's not out to kill everyone, heh...  though is it me or does she have wings in her very first appearance?

hmm, is there a conspiracy at work here?

Kuari

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 14, 2007, 03:03:32 PM

LOL!!!

Not particularly...  why?

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Kuari on December 14, 2007, 03:11:05 PM
Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 14, 2007, 03:03:32 PM

LOL!!!

Not particularly...  why?

Wings, no wings. Wings, no wings...

Do i have to shout it out?

Amber Williams

It's called "Amber started this comic back in 1999 based on a game where half the characters were based on friends who had winged avatars but she quickly realized drawing that many wings with her mediocre art style cluttered so she opted to do without most of them as they served no purpose other than decorative."

Kuari

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 14, 2007, 03:24:29 PM
It's called "Amber started this comic back in 1999 based on a game where half the characters were based on friends who had winged avatars but she quickly realized drawing that many wings with her mediocre art style cluttered so she opted to do without most of them as they served no purpose other than decorative."

I know, I just thought it was kind of funny considering how Wildy wants wings in the comic

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 14, 2007, 03:24:29 PM

Thats a long name for a conspiracy theory...

bill

meany

Hmm....my favorite character is Prof. Ink. Cruel, intelegent, good color scheme, and you gotta love that evil voice.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Hermie on December 14, 2007, 02:11:24 PM
... not sure about how you guys like necroposting...

So speaks someone who hasn't read the rules. Obviously.

I strongly recommend you find them and read them. Now. You'll be much safer for it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 14, 2007, 05:37:48 PM
I strongly recommend you find them and read them. Now. You'll be much safer for it.

Have you ever considered adding a passphrase to the registration system, if the software supports it?
Add a message that says "Enter the fifth word from section 'B' of rule 6" or something, like the old copy-protection schemes you had in games.  Might help force people to read them.

Anyway, I think my favourites are a tie between Dan and Abel.
Runners up include Merlitz, Destania in her latter phase, and May.

Jyrras I never really liked, and I have an active dislike for Wildy and Alexsi owing to their overly  hostile attitude towards Dan, which I find a bit irritating.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

By the way, conspiracies have to involve more then one person, otherwise it's just someone holding a secret.

Yes I know it's a lot less exciting.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 14, 2007, 06:15:47 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 14, 2007, 05:37:48 PM
Have you ever considered adding a passphrase to the registration system, if the software supports it?
Add a message that says "Enter the fifth word from section 'B' of rule 6" or something, like the old copy-protection schemes you had in games.  Might help force people to read them.

Is the pope catholic? ;-]

System doesn't support it, otherwise we would. As it stands, there's a link in the T's & C's you have to agree to having read, so if anyone blatantly breaches the rules, we can perma-ban them instantly, if we so desired, on grounds of the rules are there, and we've done everything in our power to make sure they've seen them.

Of course, if you read the rules closely, we could do that to anyone, if we decided we needed to. ;-] Isn't it pleasant to see how helpful and friendly we really are?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Jyrras is my personal favorite, hands-down.

Fuyudenki

Wildy is my favorite.  I like Wildy a lot.(OK, gettin' creepy...)

As far as reading the rules goes... I' still not sure how I got away with necroing a rather old thread for my introductory post, but yeah... don't do it.

Don

I like generally all of them, my top three are, Wildy, Jyrras, and Abel though.

e_voyager

Fave charter dweebs. i guess she so remind me of how i image my daughter would be

it's been almost a year since i've read the over all forum rules i wonder if i remember them all. the seems mostly like common sense and common courtesy things but  as the say all thing wane in time. that includes my memory
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

M

I think Abel would have to be my favorite. There's something about his character that I really like. Can't quite put my finger on it, though.

rabid_fox

Abel, to be honest. He has a whimsical melancholy around him, but sneers instead of sighing. I dig that. He's very British.

Oh dear.

Sunblink

Honestly, all of the DMFA characters are just so colorful and likable that I can't help but have numerous favorites. In the standard DMFA comic, my favorite characters are Alexsi, Pyroduck, Wildy, Mab, and most prominently Abel.

In Abel's Story, my favorite characters are Aniz, Glory, May, and Devin. Oh, and Abel again, but that's kind of redundant.

~Keaton the Black Jackal
EDIT: Oh, and Fa'Lina! How could I forget Fa'Lina?! D:

Janus Whitefurr

I am immensely satisfied that no one has mentioned my cameo appearance as their favourite.

Now I can fade back into anonymity! :D
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Hellcat

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on December 17, 2007, 01:47:02 AM
I am immensely satisfied that no one has mentioned my cameo appearance as their favourite.

But thats Janus BOND not Janus WHITEFURR  :giggle

Kuari

Oh hey, you're that guy that got shonen-ai'd to death by Jy.

*slips into a dark corner as all the fangirls begin their trampling rampage*

Oh yeah, and how did I forget Pyroduck as a favorite? lol...  though I really do wonder what his relationship with Fa'lina is...  also his dragon form is rather ugly, being brown, but hey, oh well.  He's cool as hell.

e_voyager

well not every dragon can be gold, red or sliver
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Magic

You tempt. But ah, I've a better choice in terms of interest.

Sweet little Abel.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)